From: RMD on
On Tue, 2 May 2006 20:43:06 +1000, "PatC" <patc(a)comcen.com.au> wrote:

>Hope someone can help - Grrrrr
>I have loaded some software for my Nikon digital camera & am now getting
>error messages when I try to access some web pages, so I uninstalled the
>software but am still getting the same error message that basically states
>that Microsoft Internet Explore has encountered a problem & needs to
>close...sorry for the inconvenience etc. When I checked the reason it was
>due to an 'error signature' Modname msvcrt.dll, appver 6.0.2800.1106, modver
>6.1.8293.0 offsetca2.
>I have tried to check what I can do on the net via Microsoft, Nikon, plus
>others but I keep getting the error message. I can check out some websites
>but not others, obviously because the ones I can't & need to read must use
>this file.
>Any ideas.. please

Pat,

I just looked up this file on my system. It seems to be a popular file
to be loaded by all sorts of applications into their program file
folder. Music Match Juke Box has one, so does my FujiFilm digital
camera, and Nero for playing DVD's.

The newest version of this file on my system is in C:\Windows\System
ver 6.10.8637 and 288K. This is the one my installed IE 6 SP1 ought
be using.

Hope this helps.

Ross

(To get email address ROT 13)
ebff_qnyl(a)lnubb.pbz
From: Robert Gault on
PatC wrote:
> Hope someone can help - Grrrrr
> I have loaded some software for my Nikon digital camera & am now getting
> error messages when I try to access some web pages, so I uninstalled the
> software but am still getting the same error message that basically states
> that Microsoft Internet Explore has encountered a problem & needs to
> close...sorry for the inconvenience etc. When I checked the reason it was
> due to an 'error signature' Modname msvcrt.dll, appver 6.0.2800.1106, modver
> 6.1.8293.0 offsetca2.
> I have tried to check what I can do on the net via Microsoft, Nikon, plus
> others but I keep getting the error message. I can check out some websites
> but not others, obviously because the ones I can't & need to read must use
> this file.
> Any ideas.. please

This file is the "Microsoft (R) C Runtime Library" and many of your
programs will install their own version. However, these programs should not
be changing the file in Windows\System.

If the Nikon software did change the Windows\System\msvcrt.dll, the old
file may have been placed in Windows\System\Backup.

I have Win98SE and IE6.0.2800.1106 installed. I can e-mail you my version
of msvcrt.dll version 6.10.9359.0 if you ask by private email.
From: Cooler Dude on
Robert Gault wrote:

<SNIP>

> This file is the "Microsoft (R) C Runtime Library" and many of your
> programs will install their own version. However, these programs
> should not be changing the file in Windows\System.
>
> If the Nikon software did change the Windows\System\msvcrt.dll, the
> old file may have been placed in Windows\System\Backup.
>
> I have Win98SE and IE6.0.2800.1106 installed. I can e-mail you my
> version of msvcrt.dll version 6.10.9359.0 if you ask by private email.

PatC has confirmed to me by e-mail that the version of msvrct.dll which
I sent yesterday has fixed the problem.

From: PatC on
Thanks to all you nice folks who love to help. I hope I can reciprocate one
day, but being an 'old dear' maybe not.

Love you all

"PatC" <patc(a)comcen.com.au> wrote in message
> Hope someone can help - Grrrrr
> I have loaded some software for my Nikon digital camera & am now getting
> error messages when I try to access some web pages, so I uninstalled the
> software but am still getting the same error message that basically states
> that Microsoft Internet Explore has encountered a problem & needs to
> close...sorry for the inconvenience etc. When I checked the reason it was
> due to an 'error signature' Modname msvcrt.dll, appver 6.0.2800.1106,
modver
> 6.1.8293.0 offsetca2.
> I have tried to check what I can do on the net via Microsoft, Nikon, plus
> others but I keep getting the error message. I can check out some websites
> but not others, obviously because the ones I can't & need to read must use
> this file.
> Any ideas.. please

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2