From: Alan Secker on
I have a Foxconn motherboard type NFK8AC-RS-1.0 with an AMD Athlon64 3700.
I needed to install Windows 98 or 98SE so that I could use the diskette
accompanying the motherboard. From the start I had installation problems.
I fdisked the huge drive and created a 1 gb and a 1.5 gb partition. I got
through to the point where the Serial Number was entered, rebooted. The
screen displayed the Windows flash image (coloured flag etc) and after a
lengthy delay displayed:

Your multi-function device (Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller) has some
child devices using 32-bit drivers and others using compatibility-mode
drivers. This configuration is nopt supported, so your computer has been
halted to prevent corruption.

It then goes on to say it will use compatibility-mode drivers for each
child device attached to this multi-function device. .....'

Does this infer that Widows 98 is incomatible with this processor??

From: Shep? on
On Sun, 21 May 2006 20:42:08 +0100 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
Yang then Alan Secker <alan(delete this bit)@asandco.co.uk> sent this
:

>I have a Foxconn motherboard type NFK8AC-RS-1.0 with an AMD Athlon64 3700.
>I needed to install Windows 98 or 98SE so that I could use the diskette
>accompanying the motherboard. From the start I had installation problems.
>I fdisked the huge drive and created a 1 gb and a 1.5 gb partition. I got
>through to the point where the Serial Number was entered, rebooted. The
>screen displayed the Windows flash image (coloured flag etc) and after a
>lengthy delay displayed:
>
>Your multi-function device (Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller) has some
>child devices using 32-bit drivers and others using compatibility-mode
>drivers. This configuration is nopt supported, so your computer has been
>halted to prevent corruption.
>
>It then goes on to say it will use compatibility-mode drivers for each
>child device attached to this multi-function device. .....'
>
>Does this infer that Widows 98 is incomatible with this processor??

Possibly but see if you can get an updated mother board drivers pack
that may cure it :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
From: Alan Secker on
On Sun, 21 May 2006 21:30:52 +0100, Shep? wrote:

> On Sun, 21 May 2006 20:42:08 +0100 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
> Yang then Alan Secker <alan(delete this bit)@asandco.co.uk> sent this
> :
> :
>>I have a Foxconn motherboard type NFK8AC-RS-1.0 with an AMD Athlon64
>>3700. I needed to install Windows 98 or 98SE so that I could use the
>>diskette accompanying the motherboard. From the start I had installation
>>problems. I fdisked the huge drive and created a 1 gb and a 1.5 gb
>>partition. I got through to the point where the Serial Number was
>>entered, rebooted. The screen displayed the Windows flash image
>>(coloured flag etc) and after a lengthy delay displayed:
>>
>>Your multi-function device (Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller) has some
>>child devices using 32-bit drivers and others using compatibility-mode
>>drivers. This configuration is nopt supported, so your computer has been
>>halted to prevent corruption.
>>
>>It then goes on to say it will use compatibility-mode drivers for each
>>child device attached to this multi-function device. .....'
>>
>>Does this infer that Widows 98 is incomatible with this processor??
>>

> Possibly but see if you can get an updated mother board drivers pack that
> may cure it :)

But if I cannot boot in windows, how would I install them???
From: philo on

"Alan Secker" <alan(delete this bit)@asandco.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a Foxconn motherboard type NFK8AC-RS-1.0 with an AMD Athlon64 3700.
> I needed to install Windows 98 or 98SE so that I could use the diskette
> accompanying the motherboard. From the start I had installation problems.
> I fdisked the huge drive and created a 1 gb and a 1.5 gb partition. I got
> through to the point where the Serial Number was entered, rebooted. The
> screen displayed the Windows flash image (coloured flag etc) and after a
> lengthy delay displayed:

<snip>

Look on the disk first and see if it even has win98 drivers...
if not ...you are just wasting your time and need to install a supported OS

From: Shep? on
On Sun, 21 May 2006 20:42:08 +0100 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
Yang then Alan Secker <alan(delete this bit)@asandco.co.uk> sent this
:

>I have a Foxconn motherboard type NFK8AC-RS-1.0 with an AMD Athlon64 3700.
>I needed to install Windows 98 or 98SE so that I could use the diskette
>accompanying the motherboard. From the start I had installation problems.
>I fdisked the huge drive and created a 1 gb and a 1.5 gb partition. I got
>through to the point where the Serial Number was entered, rebooted. The
>screen displayed the Windows flash image (coloured flag etc) and after a
>lengthy delay displayed:
>
>Your multi-function device (Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller) has some
>child devices using 32-bit drivers and others using compatibility-mode
>drivers. This configuration is nopt supported, so your computer has been
>halted to prevent corruption.
>
>It then goes on to say it will use compatibility-mode drivers for each
>child device attached to this multi-function device. .....'
>
>Does this infer that Widows 98 is incomatible with this processor??

Will the install let you F8 bootup and choose Safemode?The O/S may be
partially installed.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
 |  Next  |  Last