From: PatC on
Hope someone can help - Grrrrr
I have loaded some software for my Nikon digital camera & am now getting
error messages when I try to access some web pages, so I uninstalled the
software but am still getting the same error message that basically states
that Microsoft Internet Explore has encountered a problem & needs to
close...sorry for the inconvenience etc. When I checked the reason it was
due to an 'error signature' Modname msvcrt.dll, appver 6.0.2800.1106, modver
6.1.8293.0 offsetca2.
I have tried to check what I can do on the net via Microsoft, Nikon, plus
others but I keep getting the error message. I can check out some websites
but not others, obviously because the ones I can't & need to read must use
this file.
Any ideas.. please

From: De Zundappmuts on

"PatC" <patc(a)comcen.com.au> schreef in bericht
> Hope someone can help - Grrrrr
> I have loaded some software for my Nikon digital camera & am now getting
> error messages when I try to access some web pages, so I uninstalled the
> software but am still getting the same error message that basically states
> that Microsoft Internet Explore has encountered a problem & needs to
> close...sorry for the inconvenience etc. When I checked the reason it was
> due to an 'error signature' Modname msvcrt.dll, appver 6.0.2800.1106,
> modver
> 6.1.8293.0 offsetca2.
> I have tried to check what I can do on the net via Microsoft, Nikon, plus
> others but I keep getting the error message. I can check out some websites
> but not others, obviously because the ones I can't & need to read must use
> this file.
> Any ideas.. please
> knip

See www.microsoft.com
go to the downloads and put in what you want to have and download it.
De Zundappmuts

From: PatC on
No, remember what I said I can't go to web pages!

From: Cooler Dude on
PatC wrote:
> Hope someone can help - Grrrrr
> I have loaded some software for my Nikon digital camera & am now
> getting error messages when I try to access some web pages, so I
> uninstalled the software but am still getting the same error message
> that basically states that Microsoft Internet Explore has encountered
> a problem & needs to close...sorry for the inconvenience etc. When I
> checked the reason it was due to an 'error signature' Modname
> msvcrt.dll, appver 6.0.2800.1106, modver
> 6.1.8293.0 offsetca2.
> I have tried to check what I can do on the net via Microsoft, Nikon,
> plus others but I keep getting the error message. I can check out
> some websites but not others, obviously because the ones I can't &
> need to read must use this file.
> Any ideas.. please

I had exactly the same problem after installing Nikon camera software.
IE complained about the version of msvcrt.dll. I downloaded and
installed a more up to date version of msvcrt.dll (from
www.dll-files.com). In case you can't access that site or a similar
site, I have e-mailed you the zip file that I downloaded.

From: Ben Myers on
Click "Start", "Run", type "sfc" into the "Open" box and click "OK". When
System File Checker starts, select "Extract one file...", type in
"MSVCRT.DLL" and click "Start". In the "Restore from:" box, enter the
path to your Windows cab files. In the "Save file in:" box, enter
"C:\Windows\System". Then click "OK". You may be prompted for your
Windows 98 CD. If this doesn't help, please repost with more information,
including the version of Internet Explorer on the affected computer.

Ben

"PatC" <patc(a)comcen.com.au> wrote in message news:445737f7$0$13203$61c65585(a)un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com..au...
> Hope someone can help - Grrrrr
> I have loaded some software for my Nikon digital camera & am now getting
> error messages when I try to access some web pages, so I uninstalled the
> software but am still getting the same error message that basically states
> that Microsoft Internet Explore has encountered a problem & needs to
> close...sorry for the inconvenience etc. When I checked the reason it was
> due to an 'error signature' Modname msvcrt.dll, appver 6.0.2800.1106, modver
> 6.1.8293.0 offsetca2.
> I have tried to check what I can do on the net via Microsoft, Nikon, plus
> others but I keep getting the error message. I can check out some websites
> but not others, obviously because the ones I can't & need to read must use
> this file.
> Any ideas.. please
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2