From: Alan Secker on
On Sun, 21 May 2006 23:13:40 +0100, Noel Paton wrote:

> How much RAM is installed? - reduce to 512MB or less and try again.

Good point. However my real reason for wanting this install was to
check that my sound hardware was working. It wasn't under Mandriba 2006
nor Knoppix 3.7. So, I installed the latest distro to hand which was
Fedora Core 5. This DID make the right sounds. After that I plugged
in my Mandriva 2006 drive and upon booting, it all came up. I can run
Windows 98 over Mandriva as I have Win4lin 9x installed, so I'm a
happy bunny.

Thanks for all the advice though, I'm sure I'll need it again!

From: philo on

<snip>

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/productsDownload_motherboard2.cfm?pMotherboard=NF4K8AC-RS-1.0
> shows no Win 9x drivers available
>
> (would have made life easier if the OP had got the Mobo ref number right!)

Glad you were able to figure it out...
Heck all that's supported is win2k and XP

Not even XP-64 !

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Msvcrt.dll