From: NeedHelp on
Hi,

I am using following code in my asp file:

Set xml = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP")
xml.Open "GET", url, False
xml.Send
s = xml.responseText
Set xml = Nothing

Sometimes (not always), the asp file didn't work and returned Time
Out. Every time when it happend, I immediately clicked the refresh
button of my bowser and the asp file would work fine.

I think there must be something I am missing....Do you have any idea?
From: Evertjan. on
NeedHelp wrote on 11 feb 2010 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Hi,
>
> I am using following code in my asp file:
>
> Set xml = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP")
> xml.Open "GET", url, False
> xml.Send
> s = xml.responseText
> Set xml = Nothing
>
> Sometimes (not always), the asp file didn't work and returned Time
> Out. Every time when it happend, I immediately clicked the refresh
> button of my bowser and the asp file would work fine.
>
> I think there must be something I am missing....Do you have any idea?

It seems that the "url" was not responding quick enough now and then.

You could manipulate 4 different timeouts:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms760403(VS.85).aspx>

Perhaps using onreadystatechange would help?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: NeedHelp on
On Feb 11, 3:43 pm, "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivo...(a)interxnl.net> wrote:
> NeedHelp wrote on 11 feb 2010 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I am using following code in my asp file:
>
> > Set xml = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP")
> > xml.Open "GET", url, False
> > xml.Send
> > s = xml.responseText
> > Set xml = Nothing
>
> > Sometimes (not always), the asp file didn't work and returned Time
> > Out. Every time when it happend, I immediately clicked the refresh
> > button of my bowser and the asp file would work fine.
>
> > I think there must be something I am missing....Do you have any idea?
>
> It seems that the "url" was not responding quick enough now and then.
>
> You could manipulate 4 different timeouts:
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms760403(VS.85).aspx>
>
> Perhaps using onreadystatechange would help?
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Thank you.
I don't want to set the timeout because I need the "url" responding as
fast as possible. It seems to me that after the timeout, I can get
responding quickly (immediately) by click the refresh button (run
the file second time), Why not responds quickly at the first time?
From: Evertjan. on
NeedHelp wrote on 11 feb 2010 in

> On Feb 11, 3:43�pm, "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivo...(a)interxnl.net> wrote:
>> NeedHelp wrote on 11 feb 2010 in
>>
>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I am using following code in my asp file:
>>
>> > Set xml = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP")
>> > xml.Open "GET", url, False
>> > xml.Send
>> > s = xml.responseText
>> > Set xml = Nothing
>>
>> > Sometimes (not always), the asp file didn't work and returned Time
>> > Out. Every time when it happend, I immediately clicked the refresh
>> > button of my bowser and the asp file would work fine.
>>
>> > I think there must be something I am missing....Do you have any
>> > idea?
>>
>> It seems that the "url" was not responding quick enough now and then.
>>
>> You could manipulate 4 different timeouts:
>> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms760403(VS.85).aspx>
>>
>> Perhaps using onreadystatechange would help?

[please do not quote signatures on usenet]

> Thank you.
> I don't want to set the timeout because I need the "url" responding as
> fast as possible.

Wrong idea.

A timeout gives the maximum time before an error is raised or a default
error action is done,

Such timeout does not slow down ther normal action.

> It seems to me that after the timeout, I can get
> responding quickly (immediately) by click the refresh button (run
> the file second time), Why not responds quickly at the first time?

Because the url stream is only intermittently slow?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: NeedHelp on
On Feb 11, 6:24 pm, "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivo...(a)interxnl.net> wrote:
> NeedHelp wrote on 11 feb 2010 in
>

> > On Feb 11, 3:43 pm, "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivo...(a)interxnl.net> wrote:
> >> NeedHelp wrote on 11 feb 2010 in
> >> microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> >> It seems that the "url" was not responding quick enough now and then.
>
> >> You could manipulate 4 different timeouts:
> >> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms760403(VS.85).aspx>
>
> >> Perhaps using onreadystatechange would help?
>
> [please do not quote signatures on usenet]
>
> > Thank you.
> > I don't want to set the timeout because I need the "url" responding as
> > fast as possible.
>
> Wrong idea.
>
> A timeout gives the maximum time before an error is raised or a default
> error action is done,
>
> Such timeout does not slow down ther normal action.
>
> > It seems to me that after the timeout, I can get
> > responding  quickly (immediately)  by click the refresh button (run
> > the file second time), Why not responds quickly at the first time?
>
> Because the url stream is only intermittently slow?
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.
> (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)- Hide quoted text -

Thank you.

Yes, I believe you are right: A timeout gives the maximum time before
an error is raised or a default error action is done, And such timeout
does not slow down ther normal action.
However, setting timeout wont solve my problem. I want to find why
whenever timeout error happened and run the code again immediately,
the code can run with no time. If I find the reason, I might able to
set something or modify something and never let the timeout error
display on the users' browsers! (The asp code is running in my web
site.)
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: iis
Next: Set Global Variable Within a Function