From: K on
Hello,

I have a query that refers to fields in a form to search.

Form (frm1) Field names / search critera are as follows:
Date Start
Date End
Branch / Plant
SIN

I was wondering, how can I configure the select query that if one of the
fields above is left blank or Null that it will still work based on fields
that are not null? For example, I have no Start or End date however have SIN
(Short Item number) meaning that I want all records based on this SIN only. I
cant get it to work if fileds are null. I have tried placing the criteria in
the OR field and still doesnt work. Only works if all fields have an entry
on the form

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kyle
From: Duane Hookom on
A typical criteria expression under the Branch field might be:
Forms!frm1!Plant or Forms!frm1!Plant Is Null

Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP