From: Tara on
Hello,

I have a very basic question (I think). In previous versions of Access even though fields could be set up to accept multiple entries it was not recommended. Is that still the case? If so could you elaborate on what problems it could cause?

Thank you.

Professional XML for .NET Developers [WROX]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0a80b016-65ca-49fc-8e73-55b070281e56/professional-xml-for-net.aspx
From: Douglas J. Steele on
Actually, it wasn't possible in previous versions of Access (unless you're
talking about typing a delimiter-separated list into a text field)

I still don't it's a good idea, because it's much harder to query and work
with. Using the "proper" three-table design (which is what Microsoft is
doing under the covers) is still better. Unfortunately, Microsoft has not
seen fit to reveal the hidden tables they're using to store the data.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele