From: "John Polcari" jpolcari on
Can anybody recommend a low priced (around $500 or so)Multifunction Network
Scanner (TWAIN) with ADF and Fax? I've used the more expensive Canon Image
Runner series that do this nicely, but these are really big and expensive
(usually leased) and mostly a Copier that happen to do this other stuff.
Not really going to use it as a Network printer, as we have a bunch of them.
Be nice if people could scan stuff into Acrobat from their desk. Now I'm
just throwing the Fax thing in here because the larger Canons do this as
well, and a fax is just a dumb scanner attached to, well, fax stuff. Maybe
I'd be better off with a Network scanner and a separate el-cheapo fax, it
just happens our Fax, which we don't use too much anymore is on its last
legs.

Thanks in advance,

John Polcari

From: bob callaway on
I have the HP Photosmart C309a. It has an ADF, fax capabilities, a
respectable scanner. The software is getting better and it cost less than
$250. Ink is another matter it costs about $10 a cartridge and they don't
last long.