From: Harry de Huisvlieg on
Hi,

I'm using a web application (for online declaration of healthcare
costs). It is possible to scan invoices from a scanning device, but
several reasons my scanner is not connected to any computer. I scan to a
SD-card but the web app does not allow me to upload the scanned file.

Is there a (free) app that emulates a scanner device and that takes my
already scanned (jpg-) file as input?

I needs to run in Windows XP ?

Frank
From: Jethro Pull on
Someone here is probably going to suggest a much more "elegant"
solution, but here's mine:

Simply put the scan on the card and then plug the card into a USB card
readiing device plugged into your computer. The card reader costs about
$20 to $25US and installs easily. Open the files on the card device and
your scans should be available to place on your computer.

A scanner that does not connect to a computer? Interesting. What does
the scanner manufacturer web site have to say about this non-connectivity?

From: Harry de Huisvlieg on
Jethro Pull wrote:
> Someone here is probably going to suggest a much more "elegant"
> solution, but here's mine:
>
> Simply put the scan on the card and then plug the card into a USB card
> readiing device plugged into your computer. The card reader costs about
> $20 to $25US and installs easily. Open the files on the card device and
> your scans should be available to place on your computer.
>
> A scanner that does not connect to a computer? Interesting. What does
> the scanner manufacturer web site have to say about this non-connectivity?
>
> On 4/19/2010 2:03 PM, Harry de Huisvlieg wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using a web application (for online declaration of healthcare
>> costs). It is possible to scan invoices from a scanning device, but
>> several reasons my scanner is not connected to any computer. I scan to
>> a SD-card but the web app does not allow me to upload the scanned file.
>>
>> Is there a (free) app that emulates a scanner device and that takes my
>> already scanned (jpg-) file as input?
>>
>> I needs to run in Windows XP ?
>>
>> Frank

Hi
I think my question was not understood correctly.
The USB scanner/printer is connected to a network disk that also acts as
printer server. Unfortunately is the scanning functionality of the usb
scanner/printer no longer available because the network disk only has a
printer server and not a scanner server.

My scanner allow me to scan directly to sd card but the web application
only support direct scanning from a connected (usb-)scanner using TWAIN.
It does not allow me to upload jpg's/png's etc etc. Unbelievable but
that's the situation now.

So, if I could fake a windows scanner device that supports TWAIN and
takes a already scanned file as input I would have a some-kind-of hybrid
workaround..

Frank
From: Jethro Pull on
Frank, or Harry (you live in Iceland? That last name has my brain
spinning.), your setup is completely beyond my experience. I wonder if
there's someone in your shop, the IT guy or the computer supplier who
might be of help. :-[

From: Harry de Huisvlieg on
Jethro Pull wrote:
> Frank, or Harry (you live in Iceland? That last name has my brain
> spinning.), your setup is completely beyond my experience. I wonder if
> there's someone in your shop, the IT guy or the computer supplier who
> might be of help. :-[

No, the netherlands. 'Harry de Huisvlieg' is just a nickname...
Drank