From: mguffey5 on
I have a database that tracks cadets that will commission into the military
and they are broken into their year groups.

My problem is that to generate a report for each year group I need a
seperate query for each year group so I have multiple reports and multiple
queries in my database.

I'm trying to figure out a way to eliminate all those quieres down to one
query and report so when I click the button to bring up the report a box will
open up asking me to type in the year of commission and then the report will
only show those cadets commissioning in that year.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt
From: kc-mass on
Hi

Two options:

If you want to produce a report for a single year look in help file for
"Parameter Query". A parameter query will prompt for the year you are
interested in. (you'll only need one query and one report)

If you want a single report on all cadets grouped by year then create one
query that pulls all the cadets. Create one report to display all cadets.

In the report right click on the report and select "Sorting and Grouping".
Enter the "Year" as the field. Select Group headers and footers as you
need.

Regards

Kevin