From: Trevis on
Is it possible to set up 2 external websites on one box with one IP
running windows server 2003? For instance if someone types in:
www.mywebsite.com they would go that site that is located on C:\inetpub
\wwwroot\mywebsite and if they typed in www.mywebsite2.com the would
go to the site that is located on C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mywebsite2

Granted I would have both domain names registered with Godaddy and the
one that is pointed to the main IP port 80 of the website works but I
can't set up the 2nd one correctly. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thank you.
From: Trevis on
On Dec 31, 5:55 pm, Trevis <trev...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to set up 2 external websites on one box with one IP
> running windows server 2003?  For instance if someone types in:www.mywebsite.comthey would go that site that is located on C:\inetpub
> \wwwroot\mywebsite and if they typed inwww.mywebsite2.comthe would
> go to the site that is located on C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mywebsite2
>
> Granted I would have both domain names registered with Godaddy and the
> one that is pointed to the main IP port 80 of the website works but I
> can't set up the 2nd one correctly.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Thank you.

I figured it out. I added the IP and "host" alias to the HOST file in
the windows//etc directory and it's working now

Pages: 1
Prev: Child web sites
Next: Setting up a web server