From: Kathleen on
Hi, I have a database with 11,000 records. Each will need a report with a
pie chart on their specific data. The pie chart is inserted with the chart
icon. The requested data contains four areas to chart, but the field has two
- series and data - for drag and drop. Even with the two items, when
looking at the report, the pie chart is one solid color for each record. I'm
a fish out of water on this one. :( What am I doing wrong?

Kathleen
From: Duane Hookom on
The chart will depend on a couple key properties:

Row Source:
this is the actual query that gets charted. It's much like the
Record Source of a subreport
Link Master/Child:
This filters the chart based on the field or fields in these properties.
Again this is much like similar properties for a subreport

One mistake many people make is too much detail in the report's record
source or Link Master/Child.

If you can't figure out your issue, come back with Record Source, Row
Source, and link properties.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP