From: goayimm on
Hi,

if I have 2 lines of data say, A and B.

I need to count num of data that fulfill both X criteria in A row and Y
criteria in B row.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

From: Stefi on
=SUMPRODUCT(--(criterium for A),--(criterium for B))
Give more details on criteria if you don't succeed!

Regards,
Stefi

From: goayimm on
HI,

say I have table like this:

A B
X 1
X 1
X 0
X 1
1
X 0

so, i would like to count all that that fulfill X in column A and 1 in
column B.
the answer should be 3.

Thanks.

From: Stefi on
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A6="X"),--(B1:B6=1))
Warning! You have to adjust ranges to your real needs! In Excel 2003 you
can't refer to entire columns (like A:A)! (In excel 2007 yes!)

Regards,
Stefi

From: goayimm on
YAY it works!