From: ChrisP on
When I copy a worksheet into the same workbook I get a warning message that
states "a formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name
'wrn.Retirement._.Bonus.', which already exists on the destination
worksheet." I don't have any formulas or Names with this
'wrn.Retirement._.Bonus. Does anyone know what this is and how do I get rid
of it? Thanks!
From: Pete_UK on
Excel is not very good at getting rid of named ranges that are no
longer required. If you click on Insert | Name | Define you will see a
list of names in your workbook - if you don't need them, highlight
each in turn and click on the Delete button.

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: ChrisP on
Thank you for your response but I've already done that. I have no "Names"
that have wrn.Retirement._.Bonus. in them.

From: Dave Peterson on
Excel creates names when it needs them. And some of those names are hidden from
the user.

Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

And you may find a bunch of hidden names that you never knew existed.

ps. I think some wrn.* names are created when you use Report Manager. (But
I've seen them in other workbooks/worksheets when I never used Report Manager,
too.)

--

Dave Peterson