From: Ben Slater Ben on
I'm not sure if I can easily describe what I'm trying to do here, but here
goes...

Let's say I'm trying to make a report that describes the vehicles each
person in my database owns. So I have a table for each person, a table for
cars, and a table for pickup trucks. There's a one to many relationship from
each person to the car table, and from person to trucks. The car and truck
tables don't have the same fields, so I need them to be different tables. I
want my report to look like this:

Person Car Name Car Mileage Truck Name Cargo Capacity
Ben Dodge Colt 50mpg Chevy S-10 40 cubic ft
Ben Ford Aspire 34mpg
Mary Ford F-150 100
cubic ft
Mary Dodge Ram 90 cubic
ft

All this data is in SQL Server, I'm just using Access to generate a report,
so I can use stored procedures, views or anything to get my results. Does
anyone have any advice for me?
From: Duane Hookom on
I would use a main report based on the person table and subreports for the
other tables.

I am going to take your word for "so I need them to be different tables"
since I doubt this is actually about cars and trucks :-)
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Ben Slater on
Ah, subreports look promising. Thanks. The easiest way is to make a
seperate subreports for the car and truck tables, right?

And you're correct about the data not really being cars and trucks, but I
wanted to keep my example simple. :)

From: Duane Hookom on
Yes, you could create separate subreports for cars and trucks. If you include
cars in your main report, the trucks would be a subreport in the person group
header or footer section.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP