From: Peter on
Hi,
I am looking for some CListCtrl derived class which supports
multiple subitem selections.
I need to select groups of cells similarly as in Excel application.
I found and tried several well-known samples from codeproject, but no of
them has this feature.
Does anybody know some sample which provides this feature ?
I need it only for selecting logon hours in week in table where rows are
days and columns are hours. I need no other features, but only multiple cells
selection.

Thanks for any tips !
Peter
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
You would have to roll it yourself, and frankly I'd think it a bit of overkill. What you
need instead of a CListCtrl is a spreadsheet style table. There are several available,
including Chris Maunder's on www.codeproject.com (and please, those of you think it is
"bugged", we're tired of hearing that, given how many of us have used it successfully),
and the open-source Dundas version.

I realize this is probably pretty far into your project, but it might be faster to
re-engineer for a spreadsheet control than to try to roll-your-own cell selector on a
CListCtrl.
joe

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 07:20:01 -0800, Peter <Peter(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am looking for some CListCtrl derived class which supports
>multiple subitem selections.
>I need to select groups of cells similarly as in Excel application.
>I found and tried several well-known samples from codeproject, but no of
>them has this feature.
>Does anybody know some sample which provides this feature ?
>I need it only for selecting logon hours in week in table where rows are
>days and columns are hours. I need no other features, but only multiple cells
>selection.
>
>Thanks for any tips !
>Peter
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Tom Serface on
Peter,

You might want to take a look at this control:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/miscctrl/gridctrl.aspx

Tom