From: flamenco on
Hello

I'm glad to announce you the set up
of a new site www.mucore.com

I propose a light weight library for multi core programming.

Gimme you feedback.

RV
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Would this be replicating the work shown in

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd492418(VS.100).aspx ?

joe

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 16:44:42 +0100, flamenco <imcompo(a)imresize.gmail> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I'm glad to announce you the set up
>of a new site www.mucore.com
>
>I propose a light weight library for multi core programming.
>
>Gimme you feedback.
>
>RV
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: flamenco on
Le 20/02/2010 17:49, Joseph M. Newcomer a �crit :
> Would this be replicating the work shown in
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd492418(VS.100).aspx ?

no i did not knew this initiative, i will have a look

From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"flamenco" <imcompo(a)imresize.gmail> ha scritto nel messaggio

>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd492418(VS.100).aspx ?
>
> no i did not knew this initiative, i will have a look

One of the big advantages of VS2010 are the new tools (libraries, IDE tools,
etc.) for parallel programming (both in native and managed code).

There are some interesting videos of PDC 2009 Sessions on parallel
programming in native C++ code:

http://microsoftpdc.com/Sessions/FT19
http://microsoftpdc.com/Sessions/SVR10
http://microsoftpdc.com/Sessions/SVR18

Giovanni

From: Tom Serface on
I agree with G on this one. I've been trying the new "downloadable" RC of
VS 2010 over the last week and it has some pretty impressive new tools.
This may be the release that finally gets a lot of people to upgrade. I
suggest people at least download the Express (of course no MFC there)
version. The new performance profiling functionality, parallel support
without klutzy macros, and new features like lamdas and rvalues are worth
the price of admission in my opinion. And, of course, there the new class
wizard and way nicer intellisense.

Tom