From: Steve L. on
Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in

> The guitar has a *great* sound due to the all rosewood body and spruce
> top, but for some reason, you had to press so hard to get it to fret,
> that it would wear you out in short order. I'm glad to be rid of it,
> and glad my kid has a good bass to learn on. He already picked out
> some things, and was messing around with Roundabout, and a Seal song
> that has a busy bass.

I'm away from home so I went looking for a cheap guitar that doesn't
totally suck and I ended up with a Yamaha FG700S It's easy to play and for
the 150 bucks I paid for it (on sale) I think it sounds great.
From: Phoenix on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:56:04 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> The killer robot "Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> grabbed the
> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these
buttons...

> > I remember Ninjam when your son played the drums and you had the
bass,
> > G'Bo, is that right?

> Yep, that was it. The funny thing about that jam is the fact that
my kid
> was in his own room with a little midi keyboard hooked up to his
machine,
> and I was in my music room with a bass plugged into my DAW. We
were
> curious to see how the "over the net" jam stuff worked, and then
some
> really good guitarist dropped into our online jam room for a bit.

> > Try that again with your son on bass and see who
> > you guys attract. (I still really like that bit you recorded,
with the
> > unknown guitarist that dropped by.)

> I'll have to give that a shot. Sounds like fun!!! :)

> >> Could be soon, he's quick to learn a part, and play it
consistantly.
> >> :)

> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

I musta missed that...online jam room?
From: Phoenix on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:11:27 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> In news:almarsoft.6564381035022278900(a)news.eternal-september.org
the killer
> robot Phoenix <fake(a)fakeemail.com> grabbed the controls of the
spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> > I musta missed that...online jam room?

> Something Reaper can do called "Ninjam". You can hook up with
other
> players in other parts of the world, and jam, although it's not
quite
> really real time.

> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

Interesting. I never got too far into Reaper; things kept getting in
the way. Also I think I need "Reaper for Dummies". Got to give it
another try sometime.
From: Bob Donald on
> Interesting. I never got too far into Reaper; things kept getting in the
> way. Also I think I need "Reaper for Dummies". Got to give it another try
> sometime.

Well Phoenix, as most of us have found out, after you get past the intial
shock of everything actually making sense, it's easy to fall in love with.
I was intimidated by it at first, after using Sonar for so long, but I think
I had bed tracks laid down within the first hour or two of firing it up.
What started out as a test turned into a 3 and a half minute song, sans
vocals.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: SONG: Arms Wide Open