From: Daddy on
I have a 3-year old Samsung LCD monitor. Over the last month or so, I've
noticed that when the monitor is displaying a totally black screen,
there is a faint rectangle of light along the four inside edges of the
panel.

Is my monitor trying to tell me something?

Daddy
From: MJMIII on
I hope not. I have a new Samsung and it does the same thing.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Rick on
Yes, it is saying "You are seeing my backlight bleeding around my edges!"

Many monitors do this, I have seen this on $650 Samsung and Dell LCDs.

Have you adjusted the brightness and contrast from their factory default
settings?

See:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1229341512

for test patterns to use to adjust your monitor.

From: Daddy on
Rick wrote:
> Yes, it is saying "You are seeing my backlight bleeding around my edges!"
>
> Many monitors do this, I have seen this on $650 Samsung and Dell LCDs.
>
> Have you adjusted the brightness and contrast from their factory default
> settings?
>
> See:
>
> http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1229341512
>
> for test patterns to use to adjust your monitor.
>

> "Daddy" <daddy(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> I have a 3-year old Samsung LCD monitor. Over the last month or so, I've
>> noticed that when the monitor is displaying a totally black screen, there
>> is a faint rectangle of light along the four inside edges of the panel.
>>
>> Is my monitor trying to tell me something?
>>
>> Daddy

Thanks to all for your assurance that this is normal (albeit undesired).

I guess I'm on the 'bleeding edge' of monitor technology.

Daddy