From: neillalcock on
for the past 2 weeks each time I load Outlook, I have up to 10 emails saying
they could not be delivered, plus a friend said he has received emails from
me that are junk, but I have not sent emails to those people for quite some
time. I have run antivirus software but appears to have no effect. Please
help I don't know what else is getting sent from my computer.
From: Dan on
Download malwarebytes.
www.malwarebytes.org
Make sure you spell the above url correctly. There are others with similar
names that are malware. The file you download is named mbam. save it to
your local hard drive. It should be between 5 and 6 mb. Run the file and
let the software update, then run the full scan. I just helped one of my
users escape the same issue and the symantec did not resolve this but
Malwarebytes did. The program is licensed as free to use.
--
I hope this helps you,

Dan

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"neillalcock" <neillalcock(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> for the past 2 weeks each time I load Outlook, I have up to 10 emails saying
> they could not be delivered, plus a friend said he has received emails from
> me that are junk, but I have not sent emails to those people for quite some
> time. I have run antivirus software but appears to have no effect. Please
> help I don't know what else is getting sent from my computer.

Chances are that your PC is not sending the messages, but that your address
has been hijacked by a spammer and used as the sending address from spam. It
happens to many people. When the spam gets sent to a non-existent address,
that mail server bounces the message to the address it believes is the sender,
which is your address. Since spammers don't continue to use the same address
for very long, the bounces should taper off.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]