From: Dave Peterson on
If you find a solution, please post back. Then google will have it for the next
person.

--

Dave Peterson
From: jlimerman on
Rviv, you may want to check this free solution:

http://www.softwarecandy.com/shop/downloads/free-customize-my-places-bar

I use this all the time and works not only for Excel but all my XP
programs.

As Dave said, if this solves your problem please post back.

Jorgan

From: Rviv on
Solved!!

I have the help of a fellow microsoft person figure this one out. and I am
posting it here so if it comes up for others they can fix it.

1. Exit whatever Office applications you have running
2. Open regedit.exe (go to run and type in regedit.exe)
3. Navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\comdlg32
on the left
4. On the right you should see a NoPlacesBar value with data set to 1
5. Right click on NoPlacesBar and delete it

Rviv

From: Dave Peterson on
Thanks for posting back.

--