From: andrej Terkaj on
Hi all !

Probablly I spent some wasted hours exploring MySQL 5.0 using VO2ADo . I
succeed with connection, I can see also all tables using
oRs := oConn:OpenSchema(adSchemaTables,NIL,NIL), but when I want to open a
table, I get an error.

oSqlSrv := AdoServer{"Mytable", oConn} ---> error
I use MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver, the same mistake appears using MySQL ODBC 5.0
driver.

What is the trick, if any ? If I will use MySQL 3.1, will I have the same
problems.

TIA

Andrej

From: Geoff Schaller on
Vo2Ado is designed primarily for Ado.

Using it through an ODBC driver is just going to be plain difficult. You
need to make you have a decent OLEDB driver installed for MySQL. Uncle Phil
raves on non-stop about the merits of MySQL so perhaps he can find you a
driver.

Geoff

From: Phil McGuinness on
Geoff,

I do not use ODBC for mySQL and use the native mySQLlib.dll and a DBServer
type class in VO from DEVO..
We use ADO with mySQL using .NET and there is a free connector which also
works a treat.

Phil

From: Geoff Schaller on
So in other words you have given up on finding an Ado solution for VO to use
with MySQL.

Nice one Phil <g>.

From: GeorgeNT on

Andrej,

first of all you have to specify into the ConnectString the OPTION=1
wich is equivalent to the "Don't optimize column width" of the ODBC
Connector 3.51 (see Advanced tab / Flags 1 into your System DSN created
for MyDSQL ODBC entry).

some of the OPTION settings:
// Don't optimize column width = 1
// Return Matching Rows = 2
// Allow Big Results = 8
// Enable dynamic cursors = 32

A sample of Connection String is:

cConnectStatement:=Lower("Provider=MSDASQL;" + ;
"SERVER="+cGlobalSQLDataSource+";" + ;
"DSN="+cGlobalSQLNetworkLibrary+";" + ;
"DB="+cGlobalSQLInitialCatalog+";" + ;
"UID="+cGlobalUserName+";" + ;
"PWD="+cGlobalUserPass+";" + ;
"PORT=;OPTION=1;STMT=set names greek;")

oConn:Open(cConnectStatement ,NIL,NIL,NIL)

//adUseNone 1 Does not use cursor services. (obsolete)
//adUseServer 2 Default. Uses data-provider or driver-supplied
cursors.
//adUseClient 3 Uses client-side cursors supplied by a local
cursor library.
oConn:CursorLocation:=adUseClient

AdoSetConnection(oConn)
AdoDateTimeAsDate(TRUE) // DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS -> DD/MM/YY

My App uses VO2ADO to connect to both MS-SQL 2000/2005 via OLEDB and
MySQL
via ODBC Connector 3.51.

George Theopoulos

 |  Next  |  Last