Prev: VOPS
Next: MySQL 5.0
From: Alwyn Jennings-Bramly on
Hi all,

I have seen lots of freeware utilities for creating a "Hash" value for files
using the MD5 standard.

But I only want to do this for a (shortish) string. This is for use in a
CGI app, so no GUI allowed.

Any ideas?

Alwyn

From: Malcolm Gray on
Alwyn Jennings-Bramly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have seen lots of freeware utilities for creating a "Hash" value for files
> using the MD5 standard.
>
> But I only want to do this for a (shortish) string. This is for use in a
> CGI app, so no GUI allowed.

I am sure it is possible using the correct windows API like
CryptAcquireContext, and I think a number of years ago I saw a demo at a
conference. (MD5 is normally a signature/hash rather than encryption
from the subject)
From: Meinhard Schnoor-Matriciani on
Hi Alwyn,

you propably might want to take a look to :

http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5/md5src.html

It's an to migrate implementation of the MD5 algorithm in JavaScript.

Regards,
Meinhard

From: Michael Haensch on
Hi Alwyn,

I'm using digisign (ActiveX, 35$)
http://www.donia.com/products.htm#DigiSign
It calculates hashvalues for files and strings.

Michael

From: Keith Hurst on
Hi,

we use the freely available AAMD532.DLL.

Once you have the VO prototypes up and running you can use this to generate
MD5 hash values from files or strings of any length. Been using this for a
few years and not one problem with it.

Regards
Keith Hurst

"Alwyn Jennings-Bramly" <alwyn.j-b(a)dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have seen lots of freeware utilities for creating a "Hash" value for
files
> using the MD5 standard.
>
> But I only want to do this for a (shortish) string. This is for use in a
> CGI app, so no GUI allowed.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Alwyn
>

 |  Next  |  Last