From: Doering B. on
After reading all the statements - here are mine
-hope easier to read than others
-hope easier to understand than others
-hope more helpful than others :-)
and first - for some persons here...
-I'm not in love with Brian or any other member of the DevTeam
-I'm not getting money from GrafX
-I'm not known as a person - making hasty decisions

I was at Cologne
I heard news about VO and Vulcan
I saw news about Vulcan
I must - and therefore will - go on with VO-Apps for the next 2-5 years
I must - and therefore will - switch to .NET for new applications
I should -and therefore will - switch to .NET for older applications -
if it's possible (mainly customer-decision)
For me, switching from VO32 to .NET should be
-as easy as possible
-as compatible as possible
-as inexpensive as possible
Rewriting all applications in C++/# is impossible
Timelines for VO2.8 and Vulcan are - for me - ok
What I've seen and heard at Cologne was better than many years of
CA-VO.

Since Cologne - I can't find a reason NOT to subscribe to VOPS

Buying Vulcan and upgrade VO next year will cost a certain amount of
money
Sum up - and I can get
-contact to GrafX (the closer - the better)
-bugfixes for VO (the earlier - the better)
-new info and releases for Vulcan (=.NET=almost new world=needs some
time to get practice=the earlier-the better)
nearly for free

And last but not least - some persons should remember - they are here -
because they are programming in VO. They are important for this forum -
because they have much experience and knowledge in programming. They
are not here for discussing like GER/"Erbsenzähler und bockige Kinder"
:-)

From: Erik Visser on
Bravo!!

Erik

From: Patrick Vletter (Prive) on
Wise words!!!

From: @je on
Hi Marc, I'm trying not to be sarcastic. All I am saying is that non VOPS
members have seen nothing from GrafXSoft in a long while, even after firm
promises have been made at conferences.
And you have surely not told _why_ the sky is looking all blue again, I
certainly see what Vulcan can do for migrating existing VO applications (if
and when they deliver) and I am willing to accept to think that after seeing
what you 've seen in Germany last week, you firmly believe that this going
to be the case soon. But it would good to see some statements and progress
on VO32 out here. Afaic regarding VO32 in the form of a decent VO 2.8 with
good new features.

Ed

From: @je on
We seen that statement before, why would we believe that now?

Ed