From: 3dgtech on
Quick question. I have an AJAX component that fires a "like" query for
each "key up" event (since it's a like % query there is no indexing or
caching possible). While everything works fine, I was contemplaining
downloading the ~1500 rows into a session var as array, offloading the
(seperate) mysql server and utilizing the (underutilized) php server.
Any thoughts?
PS: maybe even offload it to a JavaScript function??

Thank you,
Eli
From: Peter Lind on
On 8 April 2010 00:13, 3dgtech <systems(a)3dgtech.com> wrote:
> Quick question. I have an AJAX component that fires a "like" query for each
> "key up" event (since it's a like % query there is no indexing or caching
> possible). While everything works fine, I was contemplaining downloading the
> ~1500 rows into a session var as array, offloading the (seperate) mysql
> server and utilizing the (underutilized) php server. Any thoughts?

You'd be better off storing stuff in memcache than session, would be
my opinion - session is per user, so you wouldn't get much cache reuse
out of it.

--
<hype>
WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk