From: David on
I have used the following formula to replace N/A with 0, where there is no value to return.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D18,'KOTC_Customer Price List '!A:E,2,FALSE), 0 ,VLOOKUP(D18,'KOTC_Customer Price List '!A:E,2,FALSE))

However, the formula does not register and the above formula just shows as text in the respective cell.

I have even tried the IF ISERROR formula in Excel 2003 & 2007 and still have the same problem.

Any ideas as to why this is happening, is much appreciated.

Best regards,

David

The Software Project Loan Shark!
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/86bc31c4-0983-432a-b68d-3d73e47db1d5/the-software-project-loan.aspx
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Small syntax error, try the formula below. A couple of points though:-

While you can use full columns, unless it's necessary I wouldn't because it
can get a bit slow.

Your using column A - E in the lookup array and returning Column B why not
use just 2 columns

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D18,'KOTC_Customer Price List
'!A:E,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(D18,'KOTC_Customer Price List '!A:E,2,FALSE))

Mike

From: Mike H on
Hi,

On reflection, I prefer this

=IF(COUNTIF('KOTC_Customer Price List
'!A:A,D18)=0,0,VLOOKUP(D18,'KOTC_Customer Price List '!A:B,2,FALSE))

Mike

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Your Formula is missing the closing parenthesis of ISNA Function.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D18,'KOTC_Customer Price List
'!A:E,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(D18,'KOTC_Customer Price List '!A:E,2,FALSE))

(Ms-Exl-Learner)

From: Fred Smith on
If the "formula just shows as text in the respective cell", then you have
the cell formatted as Text. To fix this:
-- Format the cell as General
-- Re-enter the formula

Regards,
Fred