From: RichA on
http://dpreview.com/news/1006/10061402nikoniss.asp
From: SMS on
On 14/06/10 9:57 AM, RichA wrote:
> http://dpreview.com/news/1006/10061402nikoniss.asp

Nasa's budget has been reduced and they cannot afford Canon EOS-1Ds Mark
III cameras and Fluorite lenses, so they had to settle for Nikon. They
are worried about warranty issues because the Nikon does not have
galaxy-wide warranties.
From: George Kerby on

On 6/14/10 12:33 PM, in article 4c1667db$0$1661$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net,
"SMS" <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

> On 14/06/10 9:57 AM, RichA wrote:
>> http://dpreview.com/news/1006/10061402nikoniss.asp
>
> Nasa's budget has been reduced and they cannot afford Canon EOS-1Ds Mark
> III cameras and Fluorite lenses, so they had to settle for Nikon. They
> are worried about warranty issues because the Nikon does not have
> galaxy-wide warranties.

Great, just great: More damn Space Junk. Just what we need...

From: Bowser on
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:57:28 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>http://dpreview.com/news/1006/10061402nikoniss.asp

Maybe they've "shunned" other brands because of the massive inventory
of Nikon gear they've accumulated.

Then again, when they wanted real pictures, they took Hasselblads.
Rumor has it Gus Grissom was disgusted by the results produced by the
Nikons and brought his own Hassy into space, produced some great
shots, and the rest was history.
From: Eric Stevens on
wrote:

>http://dpreview.com/news/1006/10061402nikoniss.asp

It sounds as though they are now so loaded with Nikon gear that they
can't order anything else.

Eric Stevens