From: John Navas on
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/25/apple_disses_motorola_droid_x/>

By Rik Myslewski (The Reg)

Motorola is the latest smartphone manufacturer to endure the Wrath of
Jobs.

That'd be Steve Jobs, of course, the armchair physicist who wants you to
believe that the iPhone 4's external, touchable, and shortable antenna
has reception problems equivalent to those experienced by phones that
shield their antennas inside protective cases.

During Jobs' "There is no Antennagate" press conference on July 16, Jobs
hosted three videos calling out the RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700, HTC Droid
Eris, and Samsung Omnia II as suffering from the same signal-attenuation
problems that have been demonstrated to occur in the iPhone 4.

Unsurprisingly, those three companies called foul, claiming that Jobs
was distorting both tech truth and what might be kindly called
"marketing boundries".

In addition to the three accus�d companies, however, both unaccus�d
Nokia and Motorola raised their voices in support. Both, we hasten to
add, had also capitalized on Antennagate in public pronouncements: Nokia
with a tongue-in-cheek "How do you hold your Nokia?" mockery of Apple's
troubles, and Motorola with an "in your face, Steverino" full-page ad in
The New York Times.

Apple reacted quickly. This Wednesday, Apple added the Nokia N97 mini to
the aforementioned three phones it claims suffer signal attenuation when
being hugged, as demonstrated by videos on the "Smartphone antenna
performance" page on its website. <http://www.apple.com/antenna/>

When Nokia joined the original three in Apple's Dropped Bar Hall of
Shame, The Reg wondered why an attack on Motorola was absent. Was Apple
having trouble getting their hands on a Motorola Droid X, seeing as how
there have been reports that it was in short supply, or were Apple's
marketing folks not satisfied with the Droid X's signal-attenuation
"performance"?

How na�ve we were. On Saturday, Apple added a video of the Driod X to
the DBHoS.

Is it just your humble Reg reporter, or are any of you, dear readers,
beginning to find Antennagate a wee bit petty?
From: nospam on
In article <5llo46t66ud861icr9p7fjaq0ibfg0ine7(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> In addition to the three accus�d companies, however, both unaccus�d
> Nokia and Motorola raised their voices in support. Both, we hasten to
> add, had also capitalized on Antennagate in public pronouncements: Nokia
> with a tongue-in-cheek "How do you hold your Nokia?" mockery of Apple's
> troubles,

the funny thing about that is that in the user manuals of various nokia
phones are warnings on how to properly hold them. in other words, nokia
is outright lying about holding it any way you want.

<http://funsizebytes.com/post/745721120/instructions-from-my-nokia-2320>
<http://photos.appleinsider.com/nokia.death.grip.001.jpg>

and here's a video about holding a nokia e71 wrong (and the date is 2
years ago, long before iphone 4):
<http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/08/04/nokia-e71-2-reception-issues-
mmm/>

these other companies want you to think the problem is only with apple,
but it's very clearly *not*.
From: Larry on
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in news:250720101159010680%
nospam(a)nospam.invalid:

> In article <5llo46t66ud861icr9p7fjaq0ibfg0ine7(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
> <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> In addition to the three accus�d companies, however, both unaccus�d
>> Nokia and Motorola raised their voices in support. Both, we hasten to
>> add, had also capitalized on Antennagate in public pronouncements: Nokia
>> with a tongue-in-cheek "How do you hold your Nokia?" mockery of Apple's
>> troubles,
>
> the funny thing about that is that in the user manuals of various nokia
> phones are warnings on how to properly hold them. in other words, nokia
> is outright lying about holding it any way you want.
>
> <http://funsizebytes.com/post/745721120/instructions-from-my-nokia-2320>
> <http://photos.appleinsider.com/nokia.death.grip.001.jpg>
>
> and here's a video about holding a nokia e71 wrong (and the date is 2
> years ago, long before iphone 4):
> <http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/08/04/nokia-e71-2-reception-issues-
> mmm/>
>
> these other companies want you to think the problem is only with apple,
> but it's very clearly *not*.

This has been a Chief Apologist's Report......We now return you to your
regularly scheduled flamefest....

--
iPhone 4 is to cellular technology what the Titanic is to cruise ships.

Larry