From: John Navas on
A further delay of the white iPhone 4 suggests it could arrive near
Sept. 30, when the bumper giveaway ends and, conceivably, Apple has an
improved antenna

MORE:
<http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jul2010/tc20100723_838305.htm>
From: Jeff Liebermann on
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 19:44:40 -0700, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>A further delay of the white iPhone 4 suggests it could arrive near
>Sept. 30, when the bumper giveaway ends and, conceivably, Apple has an
>improved antenna
>
>MORE:
><http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jul2010/tc20100723_838305.htm>

Not a problem. You can build your own white iPhone 4.
<http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/27/white-iphone-4-early-diy-edition-with-a-touch-of-black/>
There are parts kits on eBay, but prices are currently around $160 for
the white digitizer and the replacement white back. Ouch.

There may actually be some truth to the official reason for the
repeated delays, that Apple is tweaking the color. See Update in
above URL. Don't hold your breath for a new antenna as any changes
might require FCC recertification.

Personally, I want a geeky clear case so that I can see the insides.

Henry Ford 1913
"You can have any color you want as long as it's black"

Steve Jobs 2010
"You can have any color you want as long as it's black"

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
From: Todd Allcock on
At 25 Jul 2010 20:46:55 -0700 Jeff Liebermann wrote:

> Henry Ford 1913
> "You can have any color you want as long as it's black"
>
> Steve Jobs 2010
> "You can have any color you want as long as it's black"

Be fair- you get your choice of free colored bumper... Colored bumpers
are often an extra-cost option on automobiles! ;)

From: Jeff Liebermann on
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 22:00:02 -0600, Todd Allcock
<elecconnec(a)AnoOspamL.com> wrote:

>At 25 Jul 2010 20:46:55 -0700 Jeff Liebermann wrote:
>
>> Henry Ford 1913
>> "You can have any color you want as long as it's black"
>>
>> Steve Jobs 2010
>> "You can have any color you want as long as it's black"

>Be fair- you get your choice of free colored bumper... Colored bumpers
>are often an extra-cost option on automobiles! ;)

No problem. If you want color, instead of the official iphone 4
rubber bumper, you could just buy one rubber glove, which are
available in black, green, purple, yellow, green, and red.
If you don't like rubber gloves, something more fashionable, such as a
bicycle glove will work. It provides additional padding in the palm
area, where it's needed to provide hand to antenna seperation on the
iPhone 4.
<http://fffff.at/iglove/>

If you don't like making phone calls wearing a glove, my suggestion of
gluing a thumb tack in the sensitive area is guaranteed to discourage
improper hand positioning. Note that it's not really necessary to
permanently attach the thumb tack. It only needs to be in place long
enough for aversion therapy to produce the desired behavior. Once one
has learned how to hold the phone correctly, the thumb tack can be
removed.

From: danny burstein on
In <ac0q469nqe2vg62btv43g2qbq0lf66md4k(a)4ax.com> Jeff Liebermann <jeffl(a)cruzio.com> writes:

>Henry Ford 1913
>"You can have any color you want as long as it's black"

>Steve Jobs 2010
>"You can have any color you want as long as it's black"

Steve Jobs 2010

"You can have any color turtleneck you want as long as it's black."

dannyb(a)panix.com