From: John Navas on
Data from Gartner:

* 326 million handsets sold in the past 3 months
* 19% are smartphones

Market shares:
* Symbian 41%
* BlackBerry 18%
* Android 17%
* Apple 14%

MORE: <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/12/smartphone_sales/>
From: Mike Hofman on
John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> Data from Gartner:
>
> * 326 million handsets sold in the past 3 months
> * 19% are smartphones
>
> Market shares:
> * Symbian 41%
> * BlackBerry 18%
> * Android 17%
> * Apple 14%

you might want to look at the quarter it measured. it was pre-iPhone 4,
so that data is invalid. it would be many years before android caught up
to the blackberry or iphone.

you posted just a "short blip" in time, not overall market share. so
learn to post valid data next time. you look like a fool until you do.
From: John Navas on
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:02:49 -0600, in
<4c642939$0$89389$815e3792(a)news.qwest.net>, Mike Hofman
<info(a)recreate68.org> wrote:

>John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Data from Gartner:
>>
>> * 326 million handsets sold in the past 3 months
>> * 19% are smartphones
>>
>> Market shares:
>> * Symbian 41%
>> * BlackBerry 18%
>> * Android 17%
>> * Apple 14%
>
>you might want to look at the quarter it measured. it was pre-iPhone 4,
>so that data is invalid. it would be many years before android caught up
>to the blackberry or iphone.

That a non sequitur -- by that logic *all* data is "invalid".
It's as valid as any other quarter.
iPhone may well show a surge in the next quarter, but only time will
tell if it will be enough to change its ranking.
The most likely change forecast by industry observers will be Android
moving ahead of BlackBerry.

>you posted just a "short blip" in time, not overall market share. so
>learn to post valid data next time. you look like a fool until you do.

Learn to accept reality. You look like a fool until you do.
And learn some manners -- I'm just the messenger.

--
John

"Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
[Wethern�s Law of Suspended Judgement]