From: Fabian Schmidt on

I try to mount a share from an NFSv4 file server with Linux and seem to
run into a bug related to 6261858:

sun:/# mount -F nfs linux:/share /mnt

sun:/# ls /mnt
foo

sun:/# ls -l /mnt
ls: can't read ACL on /mnt: Permission denied

sun:/# getfacl /mnt

# file: /mnt
# owner: joe
# group: users
user::rwx
group::r-x #effective:r-x
mask:rwx
other:r-x

So I even get the error if the user is known client side as well as
server side. A "mount -o vers=3" works fine. Is there a way to resolve or
work around this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Fabian.
From: FatAnt on
Fabian Schmidt wrote:

> A "mount -o vers=3" works fine. Is there a way to resolve
> or work around this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Fabian,
force Solaris client to use NFS v.3

# vi /etc/default/nfs

#NFS_CLIENT_VERSMAX=4

to:

NFS_CLIENT_VERSMAX=3

# svcadm refresh svc:/network/nfs/client:default
From: tkevans on
On Jul 20, 7:36 am, Fabian Schmidt <fschm...(a)informatik.uni-
leipzig.de> wrote:

> So I even get the error if the user is known client side as well as
> server side. A "mount -o vers=3" works fine. Is there a way to resolve or
> work around this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

I've found 'proto=udp' to be helpful in this context.
From: Fabian Schmidt on

Am 25.07.10 schrieb tkevans:

>> So I even get the error if the user is known client side as well as
>> server side. A "mount -o vers=3" works fine.
>
> I've found 'proto=udp' to be helpful in this context.

# mount -F nfs -o vers=4,proto=udp ...
nfs mount: NFS V4 does not support udp

I suppose 'proto=udp' switches NFS to version 3. So I have the choice
between either to keep using NFS 3 or to use the right OS on the server.
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-24 10:43:22 +0100, FatAnt said:

> Fabian Schmidt wrote:
>
>> A "mount -o vers=3" works fine. Is there a way to resolve
>> or work around this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Hi Fabian,
> force Solaris client to use NFS v.3
>
> # vi /etc/default/nfs
>
> #NFS_CLIENT_VERSMAX=4
>
> to:
>
> NFS_CLIENT_VERSMAX=3
>
> # svcadm refresh svc:/network/nfs/client:default

You might also want to configure the Solaris client to mount with
sec=sys. See the nfssec and mount_nfs man pages for details.
--
Chris