Next: DOS 6.22
From: JoesCat on
Prescott or Northwood - I don't know which one it is, I'm not super heavy
into hardware. It's an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, with a P4 3.4GHz. I'd have to
look when I get to the office to see exactly what it has in it.

I just downloaded SP1, and I'll try that regardless. I have a hunch SP1
will get it working.

From: Colin Barnhorst on
I think so too. Good luck.

From: Steve Jain on
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:17:01 -0800, "JoesCat"
<JoesCat(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Prescott or Northwood - I don't know which one it is, I'm not super heavy
>into hardware. It's an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, with a P4 3.4GHz. I'd have to
>look when I get to the office to see exactly what it has in it.
>
>I just downloaded SP1, and I'll try that regardless. I have a hunch SP1
>will get it working.
>
>"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> It is with the Prescott chips only. It is fixed in SP1. Install SP1 and
>> see.
>>
>> --

I believe that the 3.4Ghz P4 is only available with the Prescott core.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
From: Colin Barnhorst on
I think so too. If I remember right the Northwoods cut off around 3.2. I
have one Northwood and one Prescott. The thermal characteristics of my
Prescott make me a little nervous. I finally took the sides off of the box
and set a small desk fan to blow on the mobo. It doubles as a toaster oven.
;)

From: JoesCat on
SP1 for Virtual PC 2004 did the trick, THANK YOU!

For those reading, it will show up as version 5.3.582.27.

I installed just fine on a "non-prescott" processor - an old PII this past
weekend actually.
Bringing that virtual machine to my problem machine still would not start -
BSOD'd on a different error, but wouldn't run. Just trying things before the
SP1 update.

The copied VM works fine after applying SP1 to Virtual PC.

"Robert Comer" wrote:

> Lower the RAM to 64M for the install and try that. You can raise it back
> after you do the install.
>
> Do you have VPC2004 SP1 installed?
>
> --
> Bob Comer
>

> "JoesCat" <JoesCat(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Virtual PC 2004, trying to setup an NT Server.
> > Using either a known good CD, and its ISO image, from a CD and copied to
> > hard disk,
> > setup starts, then after a few seconds into the setup process,
> >
> > "An unrecoverable processor error has been encountered.
> >
> > The virtual machine will reset now."

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Next: DOS 6.22