From: undisclosed on

straycat;1734809 Wrote:
> After using the recovery CD's to re-boot my computer, I am left with the
> message, "NTLDR is missing. Use CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart computer". I am
> now
> in a vicious loop. How do I fix/replace this file?
> HELP

1. You need to use Recovery Console of Windows XP.
Method:
You may only need to press R to enter the recovery console.
After getting to the Microsoft Windows recovery console you will need
to select the Windows installation you wish to log onto. Therefore press
1 if you wish to edit the primary Windows installation.
After selecting the installation you will be prompted for the
administrator password, enter the password exactly as you would in
Windows. If you do not know the Windows administrator password you
cannot enter the recovery mode.
Finally after you have entered the password you will be at a MS-DOS
prompt similar to the MS-DOS shell window you can get through Windows.
However, you will also have access to many additional commands not found
in standard MS-DOS mode.
2. Copy Ntldr file to the original place in the system partition.
Method:
Please input "cd.." command and "Enter" to move to the system directory
(C: drive).
Then type in these commands :
cd i386
Copy ntldr C:
Exit

--
rob18
From: ju.c on
Grab this archive and create the bootable USB:

XP_Emergency_Boot_Loader_on_USB.zip 526 KB
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymnnz3ytzfe

When your desktop loads, copy the file "ntldr"
on the USB to the Windows drive (C:\).

Web Sites:

NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart
http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm

How to fix "NTLDR is Missing" Computer Errors
http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2005/12/ntldr-is-missing-press-any-key-to-restart/

ju.c