From: les on
I use Quicken 2009 Premier. Recently when I start up the program, it
reminds me to change the password. It keeps doing this each time I
log on. Is there a way to disable this nagging message?
From: Notan on
On 3/12/2010 9:07 AM, les wrote:
> I use Quicken 2009 Premier. Recently when I start up the program, it
> reminds me to change the password. It keeps doing this each time I
> log on. Is there a way to disable this nagging message?

Change the password?
From: Meebers on

"Notan" <notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote in message
> On 3/12/2010 9:07 AM, les wrote:
>> I use Quicken 2009 Premier. Recently when I start up the program, it
>> reminds me to change the password. It keeps doing this each time I
>> log on. Is there a way to disable this nagging message?
>
> Change the password?

I have had the same password for several years over several editions of Q,
never asked for a change.

From: JimH on
Meebers wrote:

> "Notan" <notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote in message
>> On 3/12/2010 9:07 AM, les wrote:
>>> I use Quicken 2009 Premier. Recently when I start up the program, it
>>> reminds me to change the password. It keeps doing this each time I
>>> log on. Is there a way to disable this nagging message?
>>
>> Change the password?
>
> I have had the same password for several years over several editions of
> Q, never asked for a change.

I've run Quicken for decades. I'm currently running Q2009. It never
asked for a password change until recently. I don't believe in changing
passwords unless they may have been compromised.

I dismissed the pop-up. I wonder if there wasn't a check box to prevent
it from coming back? I haven't seen it again.
--
Jim
From: imnbfe on
On Mar 12, 8:07 am, les <lester12...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I use Quicken 2009 Premier.  Recently when I start up the program, it
> reminds me to change the password.  It keeps doing this each time I
> log on.  Is there a way to disable this nagging message?

I use Q09P as well; haven't changed passwords in long time; don't
remember this issue. However, I can tell you I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY
1. tried to ignore - hope it goes away
2. Try to "change" password to to exact same password as 'old'
3. if 2 won't work, change password completely; THEN change it back
to the 'old' one...

"we''ll skin that damn cat somehow"
- anonymous
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: test
Next: Quicken Deluxe 2009 "One Step Update"