From: Texas Slacker on

Using Quicken Deluxe 2009

When I initiate "One Step Update" in order to download my brokerage
data I first get "Quicken needs to enter your Quicken.com user name
and password. Would you like to do that now? Yes No. I select no
and the program accesses and downloads my data just fine.
This minor annoyance has just appeared in the last few months. I
initially assumed that I had inadvertently checked some box that
required this annoyance but I have not been able to find any option
that would have caused the problem . I don't think I even have a
Quicken.com password.
It really does not rank up there with a cure for cancer but I would
like to make the interference go away. Opinions and suggestions are
welcome. Thanks
From: Notan on
On 3/13/2010 8:57 AM, Texas Slacker wrote:

> Using Quicken Deluxe 2009
>
> When I initiate "One Step Update" in order to download my brokerage
> data I first get "Quicken needs to enter your Quicken.com user name
> and password. Would you like to do that now? Yes No. I select no
> and the program accesses and downloads my data just fine.
> This minor annoyance has just appeared in the last few months. I
> initially assumed that I had inadvertently checked some box that
> required this annoyance but I have not been able to find any option
> that would have caused the problem . I don't think I even have a
> Quicken.com password.
> It really does not rank up there with a cure for cancer but I would
> like to make the interference go away. Opinions and suggestions are
> welcome. Thanks

If 2009 is similar to 2008, there's an option to select "Quicken.com"
near the bottom of the "One Step Update Settings" screen.

Un-check it.
From: Texas Slacker on
On Mar 13, 10:17 am, Notan <notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote:
> On 3/13/2010 8:57 AM, Texas Slacker wrote:
>

> > Using Quicken Deluxe 2009
>
> > When I initiate  "One Step Update" in order to download my brokerage
> > data I first get "Quicken needs to enter your Quicken.com user name
> > and password.  Would you like to do that now?  Yes   No.   I select no
> > and the program accesses and downloads my data just fine.
> > This minor annoyance has just appeared in the last few months.  I
> > initially assumed that I had inadvertently checked some box that
> > required this annoyance but I have not been able to find any option
> > that would have caused the problem .   I don't think I even have a
> > Quicken.com password.
> > It really does not rank up there with a cure for cancer but I would
> > like to make the interference go away.  Opinions and suggestions are
> > welcome.  Thanks
>
> If 2009 is similar to 2008, there's an option to select "Quicken.com"
> near the bottom of the "One Step Update Settings" screen.
>
> Un-check it.

Thanks;
From: ps56k on

"Texas Slacker" <wlslaton(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Using Quicken Deluxe 2009
>
> When I initiate "One Step Update" in order to download my brokerage
> data I first get "Quicken needs to enter your Quicken.com user name
> and password. Would you like to do that now? Yes No. I select no
> and the program accesses and downloads my data just fine.
> This minor annoyance has just appeared in the last few months. I
> initially assumed that I had inadvertently checked some box that
> required this annoyance but I have not been able to find any option
> that would have caused the problem . I don't think I even have a
> Quicken.com password.
> It really does not rank up there with a cure for cancer but I would
> like to make the interference go away. Opinions and suggestions are
> welcome. Thanks

tnx for the white space.....
Quicken.com -> your portfolio mirrored on the website for your web access.
http://investing.quicken.com/investing/