From: Bernie Cosell on
Q2009 Deluxe Release R7. Every time I start it up it asks me if I want to
update the program. This isn't like the financial inst update [that seems
to happen automatically with one-step-update] but looks like it wants to do
a *real* update. I went to the quicken site and Intuit thinks that R7 is
the most recent. Anyone know what might be going on? At the least, it
means I can't download the update myself to install it [since intuit
doesn't have a later update than the one I have], which is a bit of a
nuisance. I suppose I could back up everything, let it do the update
[which'll require my running Q as admin] and see what breaks [or
doesn't]....

/Bernie\
--
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
bernie(a)fantasyfarm.com Pearisburg, VA
From: Notan on
On 3/14/2010 4:48 PM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> Q2009 Deluxe Release R7. Every time I start it up it asks me if I want to
> update the program. This isn't like the financial inst update [that seems
> to happen automatically with one-step-update] but looks like it wants to do
> a *real* update. I went to the quicken site and Intuit thinks that R7 is
> the most recent. Anyone know what might be going on? At the least, it
> means I can't download the update myself to install it [since intuit
> doesn't have a later update than the one I have], which is a bit of a
> nuisance. I suppose I could back up everything, let it do the update
> [which'll require my running Q as admin] and see what breaks [or
> doesn't]....

One Step Update update *your* data.

If I'm not mistaken, the update you're referring to updates "Quicken's*
data (eg, Financial Institutions).

Let it update.

From: ps56k on

"Bernie Cosell" <bernie(a)fantasyfarm.com> wrote in message
> Q2009 Deluxe Release R7. Every time I start it up it asks me if I want to
> update the program. This isn't like the financial inst update [that seems
> to happen automatically with one-step-update] but looks like it wants to
> do
> a *real* update. I went to the quicken site and Intuit thinks that R7 is
> the most recent. Anyone know what might be going on? At the least, it
> means I can't download the update myself to install it [since intuit
> doesn't have a later update than the one I have], which is a bit of a
> nuisance. I suppose I could back up everything, let it do the update
> [which'll require my running Q as admin] and see what breaks [or
> doesn't]....

How long have you been running Q2009 ?
When have you done a Step Update -
which also accesses Quicken software updates
http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/release-notes/7153.html

From: Bernie Cosell on
"ps56k" <pschuman_no_spam_me(a)interserv.com> wrote:

} "Bernie Cosell" <bernie(a)fantasyfarm.com> wrote in message
} news:jmpqp5d29ae1dvckf6pftf7j28tsmoh048(a)216.168.3.66...
} > Q2009 Deluxe Release R7. Every time I start it up it asks me if I want to
} > update the program.

} How long have you been running Q2009 ?

A fair number of months now -- don't remember when I upgraded from Q2006,,

} When have you done a Step Update -
} which also accesses Quicken software updates
} http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/release-notes/7153.html

I do a one step update about three or four times a week to keep an eye on
my accounts. That link is the one I found previously that just says that
R6, from last october, is the most recent one. I downloaded and installed
that just a month or so ago [I still have the file on my system:
QW097Patch.exe]. And so I can't figure out what 'update' quicken is trying
to install nor can I find a place on the intuit site to download it [so I
can install it directly, myself].

/Bernie\
From: Bernie Cosell on
Notan <notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote:

} On 3/14/2010 4:48 PM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
} > Q2009 Deluxe Release R7. Every time I start it up it asks me if I want to
} > update the program.

} One Step Update update *your* data.

I was under the impression that one-step update *included* quicken's data.
I know for-sure that I've seen "updating financial institution information"
in the dialogue box when I've done 1-s-u's

/B\