From: Mr.Jan on
OK, this makes no sense to me.
1. I have to put in the password to use the vault to update my
accounts. I can understand that this prevents unauthorized people
from setting up a transaction and then transmitting it.

2. Why do I have to tell Quicken to go ahead with the update by
clicking another icon? I do this every morning and some mornings I
forget to hop back to that screen to give Quicken the Okee Dokee to do
what I told it to do. Shouldn't this just happen when I enter the
vault password and then enter? Is there a way of bypassing this step?

Simple but driving me nuts.
From: Bob Wang on
I use Scheduled Updates so One Step Update is done automatically every day
at the same time.
One drawback is that I can't have a password for the whole file.

From: Bruce. on
"Mr.Jan" <jan.hertzsch(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> OK, this makes no sense to me.
> 1. I have to put in the password to use the vault to update my
> accounts. I can understand that this prevents unauthorized people
> from setting up a transaction and then transmitting it.
>
> 2. Why do I have to tell Quicken to go ahead with the update by
> clicking another icon? I do this every morning and some mornings I
> forget to hop back to that screen to give Quicken the Okee Dokee to do
> what I told it to do. Shouldn't this just happen when I enter the
> vault password and then enter? Is there a way of bypassing this step?
>
> Simple but driving me nuts.

I have found that when entering the password, hit return twice. The second
dialog never comes up and it does the update. It's a habit for me now.

Bruce.

From: Mr.Jan on
On Mar 16, 8:09 pm, "Bruce." <no...(a)example.net> wrote:
> "Mr.Jan" <jan.hertz...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > OK, this makes no sense to me.
> > 1. I have to put in the password to use the vault to update my
> > accounts.  I can understand that this prevents unauthorized people
> > from setting up a transaction and then transmitting  it.
>
> > 2. Why do I have to tell Quicken to go ahead with the update by
> > clicking another icon?  I do this every morning and some mornings I
> > forget to hop back to that screen to give Quicken the Okee Dokee to do
> > what I told it to do. Shouldn't this just happen when I enter the
> > vault password and then enter?  Is there a way of bypassing this step?
>
> > Simple but driving me nuts.
>
> I have found that when entering the password, hit return twice.  The second
> dialog never comes up and it does the update.  It's a habit for me now.
>
> Bruce.

That worked like a charm. I never thought of doing that. Thanks. Much
better.