From: Darien Tisseur on
Hi Everyone,

I know this is a late reply, but for future viewers we have a product called Multi-Facility Processing for Dynamics GP that has a great Intercompany Feature but it's only a peice of what Multi-Facility Processing really does in Dynamics GP. We perform Intercompany Processing at the sub-ledger level and we will show you the Intercompany transaction in the distribution window for the unposted transaction where we can.

Hope that helps and if you want more info go here: http://www.binarystream.com/multifacility_processing.asp or email myself at darien(a)binarystream.com

Regards,

Darien

Shabbir Ahmad wrote:

NAV vs GP
21-Jun-09

Dear Mark

Which ERP you implemented either GP or Nav.
If you implemented GP what points you take in the considerations.

Now we are also going for the same.

Waiting for your response!!

Shabbir

On Monday, May 21, 2007 8:34 AM
Mar wrote:

NAV vs Great Plains
I am new to NAV and to my position in my company. I am looking at the NAV
system and contemplating replacing with Great Plains. I want to know people's
opinions about the advantages of Great Plains over NAV.

The few areas which we require a robust solution are as follows:

Intercompany processing ??? we operate out of many entities, each set up as a
separate company in Navision. We have an intercompany customization built for
our versions that gets the job done, but auditing intercompany costs becomes
a challenge. How does Navision 4.0 compare to GP in intercompany processing?

A/P ??? we are cutting many checks and wire transfers. Also paying out of one
entity but need to allocate costs across many (intercompany).Want the ability
to do ACH to vendors and connect with the bank as well as set up recurring
payments. Need good reporting of payables. Is there a big difference between
NAV and GP?

T&E ??? being a services firm, we need great tracking of t&e in many different
facets. We currently use Concur for assistants to enter time sheets. We want
to track costs by expense type, employee, project code and maybe some other
qualitative characteristics.

Reporting - We currently have JetReports (but no in house expertise on how
to use it). Is this sufficient, or should we also look into FRX?

I appreciate your comments.

-Mark

On Friday, May 25, 2007 6:22 PM
AlexCho wrote:

RE: NAV vs Great Plains
The Intercompany and A/P requirements you mentioned are standard with 4.0. If
you're current on the enhancement plan, you can login to customersource to
get a overview of it.

The T&E area can be done using the Job management system in Navision to
record the time and materials that occured for a project.

Additionally, here is a link that gives you some more information between
the 2:
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5874

"Mark" wrote:

On Friday, May 25, 2007 8:16 PM
Mar wrote:

RE: NAV vs Great Plains
Alex,

Thanks for the link to that post.

I actually saw a demo of how the intercompany works in 4.0, and I did not
feel that it was very seamless and transparent. We process many intercompany
transactions, and I would like to just code the journals / invoices to many
different companies, and have the ysstem add the intercompany lines. The way
Navision IC was presented sent all tiems to an inbox/outbox which a user
would have to grab and then post. But when looking at the IC entry, there is
no link between that entry and the originating entry on the "parent"
company's books. I want to see a debit to one company, a credit to another,
and the associated intercompany lines automatically added tot he entry to
make it balance by company.

As I understand, NAV does not do this, but GP does.

Am I accurate in this statement?

"Alex Chow" wrote:

On Tuesday, May 29, 2007 7:33 PM
Graham Smith wrote:

Re: NAV vs Great Plains
It is my understanding that the IC Posting and Consolidation functionality
are not features included in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Given that Microsoft
Dynamics NAV 5.0 is shipping with a lot of new functionality, and the NAV
R5.1 includes the new .NET user interface, and enhanced report generation
capabilities, as well as additional functionality, it might be worth the
wait as you may not see these features in GP for quite a while. At present
these features are not published in the GP Roadmap for future releases. If
your company is on an enhancement plan, you can upgrade to these versions
without any additional licensing costs.
There are also 3rd party add-ons available that address your other
requirements, alternatively these requirements can be met by
configuration/customisation changes to your NAV implementation by your
Microsoft Dynamics NAV partner/vendor.

"Mark" <Mark(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:50 AM
Shabbir Ahmad wrote:

NAV VS GP
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:53 AM
Shabbir Ahmad wrote:

NAV vs GP
Dear Mark

Which ERP you implemented either GP or Nav.
If you implemented GP what points you take in the considerations.

Now we are also going for the same.

Waiting for your response!!

Shabbir

A Comparison of Managed Compression Algorithms
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/71485ecc-2d2d-435a-9c35-3d12b279f9ae/a-comparison-of-managed-compression-algorithms.aspx

Pages: 1
Prev: Job Opportunity
Next: Concurrent Activities Error