From: Nancy on
We are running 4.03 Native and over the last month, we have received the
following error that has caused us to lose at least 1/2 day of work each time
our system has gone down as we have had to restore from the backup. I have
read the following posts but they do not tell you what the root cause of the
issue is and how to fix it.

Posts:

https://community.dynamics.com/forums/p/5943/14566.aspx
http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/13539.aspx

Error Message:

Other concurrent activities have reused the available space in the database
that contained your snapshot of data. This can occur in connection with
time-consuming tasks such as printing or making backups. Wait until there
are fewer concurrent updates of the database and try again.
If this occurs often, you should create more available space in the
database. You can create more space in the database by:
• Expanding the database
• Deleting unnecessary data
• Date compressing older, non-current entries
• Optimizing the database

Database size: 20GIG
Database Used: 13.6GIG

My partner is working with Microsoft and they are pointing at hardware. We
ran the tests on our hardware and the hardware is good.

What have others done to fix this problem?

--
Thank you,
Nancy
From: Savatage on
Is there any specific operation you can point at that is done before this
message appears. Perhaps a hotcopy?

See here:
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16488
From: Savatage on
IN addition..Something is maxing out your database. You need to try an
figure out what it is. Corrupt Table, Infinite loop, Backup..something is at
the root of this.

And it's not an error you see very often in you version of NAV.
We it a clean install of ver4 or did you upgrade from 2 to 4?

"Savatage" wrote:

> Is there any specific operation you can point at that is done before this
> message appears. Perhaps a hotcopy?
>
> See here:
> http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16488

Pages: 1