From: jeff on
Gus Richter wrote:
> On 2/2/2010 7:19 PM, jeff wrote:
>> Gus Richter wrote:

>>> Roy, I've had problems with your postings but have kept quiet. Some of
>>> it I assumed is a language problem, but now you've attributed a quote
>>> to me which is not so! Learn to properly respond and attribute quotes
>>> to the proper person! @#$%
>>
>> My newsreader shows nothing attributed to you rather than a mis
>> attribute. It looks to me that although he was responding to you, he had
>> snipped your entire response.
>
> Look at the thread again carefully. Your, "Where's Jukka when you really
> need him?" looks to be said by me (attributed to me). Mis attribute(d)
> you say? Yes! By snipping my quote and not removing my name above, he
> has mismatched everything starting with me.

OK, I usually count the "depth" so I knew it was off.

How can you fail to see that
> and not be concerned? BTW, what I said has some meaning even if not
> understood by most - google for Finnland tango.

Just for the record, I thought that was quite funny when I first read it
:-)! I didn't think I could improve on it, so I didn't.

>> Is this the issue in question, or have I missed something? Just so I
>> don't do the same!
>
> I put my foot in my mouth enough times that I don't need anyone else
> doing it for me, thank you very much. Not a big deal for you since you
> know who said it. What you're missing is that the last quote/article is
> attributed to the first name on top in a threaded response.

OK, I hadn't thought that as I count depth. I'll reconsider.

> The most important thing is that he should have responded 'directly' to
> you and not 'through' me.

Agreed, unnecessarily careless.

> Just so that you don't do the same!

You got it!

Jeff

From: David Stone on
In article <4b687cc3$0$26371$9b536df3(a)news.fv.fi>,
Osmo Saarikumpu <osmo(a)weppipakki.com> wrote:

> > It could not be a Finnish saying, it could not be a saying in any
> > language.
>
> > It doesn't make sense in any language.
>
> Sheesh, here's a picture as words don't seem to suffice:
>
> http://www.kajstenvall.com/1999/huono_renki.html
>
> P.S. I'm glad that Mr. K is busy elsewhere :)

For those still confused, it might be worth considering one of the
many variants on the saying (which is not uniquely Finnish):

Money is a good servant, but a lousy master
Science is a good servant, but a lousy master
Fashion is a good servant, but a lousy master
Stress is a good servant, but a lousy master

"Servant" probably makes more sense in English than "labourer"
(I assume that's an artefact of translation from Finnish).
But "style" (instead of "fashion") is certainly better within
the context of ciwas! And, it does make sense that way...