From: Emma Hope on
I have a number of end users with Office 2007 and a number with Office 2003.

I am using Office 2007 at the moment but have access to a machine with
Office 2003 if needed. I am still trying to get the hang of Office 2007.

In Access 2003, you could turn off the Database Window as part of the
startup options so the end user could not see it. How do you do the
equivalent in Access 2007, i don't want my end users to see the tables and
queries etc.

I want them to see the nice form i have spent hours designing for them.
Therefore can someone explain to me how to turn off the 'database
window/navigation pane' for my end users who use both Access 2003 & Access
2007.

Thanks
Emma

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Emma Hope" <EmmaHope(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a number of end users with Office 2007 and a number with Office
>2003.
>
> I am using Office 2007 at the moment but have access to a machine with
> Office 2003 if needed. I am still trying to get the hang of Office 2007.
>
> In Access 2003, you could turn off the Database Window as part of the
> startup options so the end user could not see it. How do you do the
> equivalent in Access 2007, i don't want my end users to see the tables and
> queries etc.
>
> I want them to see the nice form i have spent hours designing for them.
> Therefore can someone explain to me how to turn off the 'database
> window/navigation pane' for my end users who use both Access 2003 & Access
> 2007.

Office Button -> Access Options -> Current Database -> uncheck "Display
Navigation Pane"

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: Stephen Raftery on
Go to the Options menu/Current database/Navigation pane, and uncheck it.

Stephen