From: Craig Lister on
I have a requirement for a winforms application, with it's primary
navigation method being icons to the left, with their captions to the
right, on the left side of the screen. So the left side (Around 200px)
is a column with these icons going down the side. That in turn drives
the main body of the screen. The icons should 'rise' slightly on mouse
over.

Is there a control that can do this? Maybe just a Listbox of sorts?
Can a MosueOver be applied?

Hope you can assist.
From: Peter Duniho on
Craig Lister wrote:
> I have a requirement for a winforms application, with it's primary
> navigation method being icons to the left, with their captions to the
> right, on the left side of the screen. So the left side (Around 200px)
> is a column with these icons going down the side. That in turn drives
> the main body of the screen. The icons should 'rise' slightly on mouse
> over.
>
> Is there a control that can do this? Maybe just a Listbox of sorts?
> Can a MosueOver be applied?

It's not completely clear what you are looking for. However, a
ToolStrip can have items that have both icons and text (captions), can
be oriented vertically, and can be placed on the left side of your window.

A Form doesn't have any "navigation" per se by default, so whatever
navigation you have in mind, would be implemented simply as methods that
are called when the appropriate ToolStrip items are clicked.

Pete
From: Craig Lister on
Thanks Peter.
it's more the neat visual aspect I'm looking for. The events and all
that are OK... Their expectation is basically a large white form, with
menu items down the left, rather large icons, fading to white... that
move slightly on mouse over. On click, the main body of the form
navigates to the intended form. That part is OK. It's just the control
that we should use to display the navigation...

Spmething close to this:

http://www.devexpress.com/Products/NET/Controls/WinForms/Navbar/i/features/enduser/enduser-draganddrop.gif

Pages: 1
Prev: Parsing HTML Tags