From: kazik on
hi,

do you know, where I can find free Gantt Chart WPF libraries? I can only
find trial versions.

regards
daniel
From: Peter Duniho on
kazik wrote:
> hi,
>
> do you know, where I can find free Gantt Chart WPF libraries? I can only
> find trial versions.

What features are you looking for? It seems to me that, to implement a
basic Gantt chart, it should not take you very long just to write it
yourself, if you find the available third-party libraries outside your
budget.

Keeping in mind, of course, the need to balance the cost of your own
time against the cost of the library. Frankly, for all but the most
ridiculously over-priced library, if you actually need the feature set
of the library, you're unlikely to be able to develop a one-off solution
at lower cost than simply licensing a library.

Pete
From: Peter Duniho on
kazik wrote:
> hi,
>
> do you know, where I can find free Gantt Chart WPF libraries? I can only
> find trial versions.

Oddly enough, I just recently happened to find out about a WPF sample
that includes a Gantt chart implementation. You can find the details here:
http://hestia.typepad.com/flatlander/2009/09/teched-09-visualising-data-in-silverlight-and-wpf.html

Maybe that would be helpful as a starting point.

Pete
From: Haka on
Plexityhide.com offers a Gantt chart for WPF and Silverlight. The
functionality is based on the GTP.NET for windows forms and ASP.NET product.

You can find a link to the Silverlight live sample here
http://www.plexityhide.com/gtpnetsl.htm

/Haka