From: bruno on
Hello !

I've been looking for a way to dynamically assign a name to the output file
of a report (e.g. for a sales order the file name should be the sales order
number).

But it seems the caption field of the report doesn't allow the use of vars ;
is there a trick to achieve this ?

Thanks for your help,
bruno
From: Savatage on
If you are talking about using the "Print To File" box that appears on most
printer dialog boxes then this is not the way you go to achieve what you're
looking for.

You are going to have to write the report to the disk & assign a name. Have
you thought about printing to a pdf file. Then numbering/naming is easy.

Clikc this link:
http://lmsmfy.com/?q=print+report+pdf

From: bruno on
Hello !

Thanks for your fast reply. The fact is I'm already sending my report to a
pdf printer. I'd want the default file name to be equal to Document No. field
rather than the report's caption field. The solution you pointed doesn't
solve my problem since I have to manually input the file name.

Best regards
bruno

From: Savatage on
If you read the posts on mibuso you would have seen how to do this.
It's not going to be written for you, you have to do some of the work.
In the example it shows how the filename is produced
for example
Filename := 'example.pdf'

you have to change it to fit your needs like
filename := "document no."+'PDF';

read again here:
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37590