From: HankL on
I am using Microsoft Office Professional 2003. I have been using this
upgrade for about 4 years.
Lately I have been having issues with it and decided to uninstall and
reinstall it.
Prior to 2003 version upgrade, I was using Office 2000. Obviously, 2000 is
not installed on my computer.
I had disc 1 & 2 of Office 2000 saved in the event I needed to do a
reinstallation of 2003 UPGRADE.
In checking my 2000 disc I see that disc # 2 which is the disk I need in
order to be able to install 2003 UPGRADE
has a crack through the disc and it cannot be read for verification as
needed to UPGRADE.

Any suggestions as to what I can do so that I can use my 2003 installation?
Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

HankL

From: db on
maybe this can help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <e44VPuybKHA.4708(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, HankL wrote:
> I am using Microsoft Office Professional 2003. I have been using this
> upgrade for about 4 years.
> Lately I have been having issues with it and decided to uninstall and
> reinstall it.
> Prior to 2003 version upgrade, I was using Office 2000. Obviously, 2000 is
> not installed on my computer.
> I had disc 1 & 2 of Office 2000 saved in the event I needed to do a
> reinstallation of 2003 UPGRADE.
> In checking my 2000 disc I see that disc # 2 which is the disk I need in
> order to be able to install 2003 UPGRADE
> has a crack through the disc and it cannot be read for verification as
> needed to UPGRADE.
>
> Any suggestions as to what I can do so that I can use my 2003 installation?
> Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

MS no longer sells 2000 and probably doesn't have replacement media available.

Do you know someone else who has a copy? Borrow their CD to do your upgrade.
A copy of their CD should work too.