From: GTS-NJ on
I badly need a Dell XP Home with SP3 CD. Does anyone know any way to get
one? Will Dell sell one without reference to a specific computer? Any 3rd
party sources?

These are incredibly scarce because they were only used on net books around
the time Dell stopped providing media. It's a constant problem for service
needs.

Please don't bother posting advice to slip stream one. There's no known way
to do this for Dell OEM media that actually works.

From: Bob Villa on
On Jul 21, 10:01 pm, "GTS-NJ" <x...(a)y.net> wrote:
> I badly need a Dell XP Home with SP3 CD.  Does anyone know any way to get
> one?  Will Dell sell one without reference to a specific computer?  Any 3rd
> party sources?
>
> These are incredibly scarce because they were only used on net books around
> the time Dell stopped providing media.  It's a constant problem for service
> needs.
>
> Please don't bother posting advice to slip stream one.  There's no known way
> to do this for Dell OEM media that actually works.

It can be done with freeware. nLite
From: Doug on
GTS-NJ wrote:
>> I badly need a Dell XP Home with SP3 CD. Does anyone know any way
>> to get one? Will Dell sell one without reference to a specific
>> computer? Any 3rd party sources?
>>
>> These are incredibly scarce because they were only used on net books
>> around the time Dell stopped providing media. It's a constant
>> problem for service needs.
>>
>> Please don't bother posting advice to slip stream one. There's no
>> known way to do this for Dell OEM media that actually works.

Despite your claim that it can't be done I'll have to disagree. I've done it
with autostreamer and it works just fine. In fact I just finished a clean
install with my slipstreamed SP3 disc (from a Dell OEM XP disc) on my old
Dimension 8200. No problems.

From: Bob Villa on
On Jul 22, 6:58 am, "Doug" <data...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> GTS-NJ wrote:
> >> I badly need a Dell XP Home with SP3 CD.  Does anyone know any way
> >> to get one?  Will Dell sell one without reference to a specific
> >> computer?  Any 3rd party sources?
>
> >> These are incredibly scarce because they were only used on net books
> >> around the time Dell stopped providing media.  It's a constant
> >> problem for service needs.
>
> >> Please don't bother posting advice to slip stream one.  There's no
> >> known way to do this for Dell OEM media that actually works.
>
> Despite your claim that it can't be done I'll have to disagree. I've done it
> with autostreamer and it works just fine. In fact I just finished a clean
> install with my slipstreamed SP3 disc (from a Dell OEM XP disc) on my old
> Dimension 8200. No problems.

You could have said...you also disagree...but you didn't. (I just
don't get any respect! R.Dangerfield)
From: Christopher Muto on
Doug wrote:
> GTS-NJ wrote:
>>> I badly need a Dell XP Home with SP3 CD. Does anyone know any way
>>> to get one? Will Dell sell one without reference to a specific
>>> computer? Any 3rd party sources?
>>>
>>> These are incredibly scarce because they were only used on net books
>>> around the time Dell stopped providing media. It's a constant
>>> problem for service needs.
>>>
>>> Please don't bother posting advice to slip stream one. There's no
>>> known way to do this for Dell OEM media that actually works.
>
> Despite your claim that it can't be done I'll have to disagree. I've done it
> with autostreamer and it works just fine. In fact I just finished a clean
> install with my slipstreamed SP3 disc (from a Dell OEM XP disc) on my old
> Dimension 8200. No problems.

did it require activation or did it work like a dell oem windows cd?