From: player on
I'm using MS Project 2007, have several task linked with finish to start. I
have set date to schedule from, hours per day set to 8 and Working Monday
thru Friday.

My schedule shows Task 1 Duration 4 days, start Wed 6/2/10, Finish Mon 6/7/10
Task 2 Duration 3 days, start Mon 6/7/10, Finish Thu 6/10/10

Task 2 should have a Start Date of 6/8/10 not 6/7/10; what is causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

From: JulieS on
Player,

Turn on the display of time. Tools > Options, View tab and
select a format that shows time as well as date. That may help
figure out what is going on.

You mention that you have the standard setting hours per day of
8. Have you modified the calendar in Tools > Change Working time?

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: player on
ok display of time shows start 8am and Finish 8am on the next day for a 1 Day
duration task

and yes I have modified the calendar in Tools >options, calender Tab to
7:00am to 12:00pm 12:30pm to 3:30pm

Start dates still show starting on same date as predecessors finish Date

Dont know why start time is 8am and finish time is 8am on next day for 1 day
task?

From: player on
OK what I did was made a new schedule using project default calender and
working times and all is good for now.

I would like to change working time from 7am to 3:30pm with 1/2 hour lunch
from 12 to 12:30 but I need to submitt this in the AM. so I just turned off
view times for now.

Thanks for your help

From: JulieS on
You're welcome player. You can certainly change the working time
in Tools> Change working time. As Mike Glen, notes in the
reference to the FAQ, the working time needs to be modified as
you did, but you also need to change he default start and end
time as well in Tools > Options, Calendar.

Also check the start time of your project in Project > Project
Information. My guess is your project starts at 8:00 not 7:00 --
thus the finish at 8:00 the next day.