From: Kevin Provance on
"ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.net> wrote in message

: It eventually ended up as an interactive Screen Saver. (Remember when
: they actually sold them?)

I still have my CD of After Dark modules and engine. It was worth every
cent. :-)

From: ralph on
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 17:57:44 -0400, "Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote:

>"ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.net> wrote in message
>
>: It eventually ended up as an interactive Screen Saver. (Remember when
>: they actually sold them?)
>
>I still have my CD of After Dark modules and engine. It was worth every
>cent. :-)

Flying Toasters!

From: Larry Serflaten on

"NeatBoxx via VBMonster.com" <u61568(a)uwe> wrote

> Hey, Larry
>
> I copied the code into a new project, ran it but nothing prints...All I get
> is an empty form!!
> Doesn't appear to have any compile errors...It's just nothing prints on the
> form.
> I have never seen Debug.Print before... How is it different from the Print
> statement. If I can get it to printing on the form or in a listbox; I would
> like to study this code...It's completely new to me in some areas

The Immediate window is a debugging aid. It accepts commands, and output.
Programmers use it during debugging to test variables, show intermediate
results and the like. The Debug.Print command sends the printing to that
window, not the form.

After you paste the code, hit Ctrl+G or go to VB's View menu and select
Immediate window. A new window should show up in the enviroment.
When you run the program, the results will show up there.

If you wanted to see the results on the form use this Form_Load event:

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim n
Me.AutoRedraw = True
Me.Print "Wheel pattern = 0001 0001"
For Each n In Sequence(1, 17) ' 0001 0001 = 17
Me.Print n
Next
Me.Print
Me.Print "Wheel pattern = 0000 0011"
For Each n In Sequence(2, 3) ' 0000 0011 = 3
Me.Print n
Next
End Sub

LFS

From: Larry Serflaten on

"Henning" <computer_hero(a)coldmail.com> wrote
> Nitpicking...
> I would call that left roll, the left bit shifted around into the right bit.
> Left shift is entering a zero in the rightmost position.

I was contemplating using either shift or rotate, thinking shift would
be the more friendly to the casual reader....

It doesn't matter what we call it, as long as it works!

<g>
LFS

From: Larry Serflaten on

"NeatBoxx via VBMonster.com" <u61568(a)uwe> wrote
> What I am doing currently works fine, but like you said some of
> the higher sets take a while to finish and I can only imagine what it's going
> to be like when I use higher number bases such as 9,10,11,12 . Twelve will
> be the limit because much after 12 the intervals between the numbers become
> to great to make small wheels

The same algorithm can be used for your different bases, but the original
routine would need to be modified significantly to allow for changing the
base values. In other words, all that pattern shifting works as well for 12
positions as it does for 8, but the posted routine was hard coded to use
8 positions. (ie: For bit = 8 to 1 - always does 8 postions)

LFS