From: map_geez on
Hello

I am a new user and trying to compile simple scalar on ubuntu dapper
drake.

I am getting these errors which you were also getting.

ldlex.l: In function 'yy_input':
ldlex.l:589: error: 'yy_current_buffer' undeclared (first use in
this function)
ldlex.l:589: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ldlex.l:589: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [ldlex.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/vaibhav/Desktop/simplescalar/untardir/simpleutils-990811/ld'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/vaibhav/Desktop/simplescalar/untardir/simpleutils-990811/ld'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/vaibhav/Desktop/simplescalar/untardir/simpleutils-990811/ld'
make: *** [all-ld] Error 2

I would be grateful to you if you can help me to get rid of this error.

Thanks in advance

Vaibhav Mittal

From: TastyWheat on
map_geez wrote:
> I am a new user and trying to compile simple scalar on ubuntu dapper
> drake.
>
> I am getting these errors which you were also getting.
>
> ldlex.l: In function 'yy_input':
> ldlex.l:589: error: 'yy_current_buffer' undeclared (first use in
> this function)

One suggestion was to switch to an older version of lex, but luckily we
didn't have to go there. Change 'yy_current_buffer' to
'YY_CURRENT_BUFFER'. That should fix the error, but there'll probably
be more down the road. I'll help you with as many as I can.

If you're doing all of this without root access I wish you the best of
luck. My partner and I couldn't get it working without switching to a
personal computer (to have root access).

From: map_geez on
Hi

I am stuck with one more error while compiling simple scalar on
linux(ubuntu)

make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/vaibhav/Desktop/simplescalar/untardir/gcc-2.7.2.3/objc'
/home/vaibhav/Desktop/simplescalar/untardir/gcc- 2.7.2.3/xgcc
-B/home/vaibhav/Desktop/simplescalar/untardir/gcc-2.7.2.3/ -O \
-c -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC -g -I./include -I. -I..
-I/home/vaibhav/Desktop/simplescalar/untardir/gcc- 2.7.2.3
-I/home/vaibhav/Desktop/simplescalar/untardir/gcc-2.7.2.3/config hash.c
as: unrecognized option `-EL'
make[1]: *** [ hash.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/vaibhav/Desktop/simplescalar/untardir/gcc-2.7.2.3/objc'
make: *** [libobjc.a] Error 2

I am following these instructions

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/%7Epanyu/simplesim.htm

and i made the following modifications:-

1. In insn-output.c, delete all the line breaks ('\'s) that cause
problem.
2. Cover the original cdefs.h (under
$IDIR/sslittle-na-sstrix/include/sys) with patched one under "patched"
directory (which redefined __NORETURN);
3. In objc/sendmsg.c, add "#define STRUCT_VALUE 0" at line 35;
4. In protoize.c, replace "#include <varargs.h>" at line 60 with
"#include <stdarg.h>".)

Your valuable suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Rgds

Vaibhav Mittal