From: Francis Glassborow on
me(a)privacy.net wrote:
> Francis Glassborow <francis.glassborow(a)btinternet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I wrote 'You Can Do It' for people like you and my co-author was someone
>> with no programming experience whatsoever.
>
> OK
>
> I ordered it!

Good luck. Feel free to ask questions about it here as I regularly read
this newsgroup.
From: Anand Hariharan on
On Sep 9, 12:37 pm, m...(a)privacy.net wrote:
> I'm trying to teach myself some C++
>
> I have NO programming experience...... none....
> zip...... null
>
> Can you guys recommend a book for someone on my level I
> can buy from Amazon?

You posted an identical message to comp.lang.c++. I suppose you were
not aware of this group then. In general, you should know that what
you did is known as "multi-posting" and people who use news readers /
clients will find this annoying. You are better off "cross-posting".
Suggest you Google for "Eric Raymond Smart Questions" and read up on
general usenet etiquette.

I believe you when you say that you have no programming experience.
However, I do not believe you when you say you are "a complete
idiot". If you insist you are, I must say that C++ is not a language
for you.

best wishes,
- Anand

From: me on
wrote:

>Good luck. Feel free to ask questions about it here as I regularly read
>this newsgroup.

will do!
From: me on
wrote:

>> Can you guys recommend a book for someone on my level I
>> can buy from Amazon?
>
>I wrote 'You Can Do It' for people like you and my co-author was someone
>with no programming experience whatsoever.

Your book above arrived in the mail today

haven't looked at it yet tho
From: Francis Glassborow on
me(a)privacy.net wrote:
> Francis Glassborow <francis.glassborow(a)btinternet.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> Can you guys recommend a book for someone on my level I
>>> can buy from Amazon?
>> I wrote 'You Can Do It' for people like you and my co-author was someone
>> with no programming experience whatsoever.
>
> Your book above arrived in the mail today
>
> haven't looked at it yet tho

OK. I have just got back from a fortnight's holiday in Italy, hence the
silence.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Bit question